X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: drumroll please--seesnake jr

josh will see this in person on thursday and im sure he will tell you guys how great it is--i love my job and am very passionate in what i do---im the guy that wants the tools to make life easier----so yes id like to help all the pros get setup---maybe i can get you guys out here and walk you through this in the near future---i have to speak with some people first then we can get going,---im not in this to get rich,just make a plumbers life easier--ill post more info as available

also--you may think you have it figured out, but that little black box is full of surprises--trust me--lets just say video and audio together

again--im not trying to get rich, but before i give the schematics, some things have to happen first

thanks to all for your support and thanks--i really do appreciate it---the post of the year---wow, what an honor--im amazed-- thanks again and i will do what i can to help every one interested--i dont think posting on the site is the way to go for schem,s--then the wrong person might try to run with it--pm me and leave contact info is seriously interested---

thanks again----------jason

Comment

- At first glance, I dont think his device can turn the sonde on and off or adjust the led brightness. Maybe I'm wrong but you would have to really do some serious tinkering to control the transmitter.

- For sound, the laptop has a built in mic. So you get your video feed from the camera and record your voice to the laptop. Merged together in the video.

Thats just my guess.

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
      first a repeat of someone else's; can you power up the locator sonde with this?

camera reel plugs right into your box... I assume you made that box, bought a connector to mate with the reel, put a video capture device in it,etc... right? could a din plug be added as alternate vid input?

runs off 110 ac? 12vdc an option?

how do you record sound? plug in an external mic? is that what the yellow plug going into your box is?

What-all's in that jumble of wires rubber banded together?

You want to build me one of these? or prefer to endure my questions as I attempt to duplicate it myself?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
        before you duplicate this,send the check to me--maybe i am marketing, or patenting????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????
        hey, aussie, here in the U.S.A WE DONT B.S.--we are the real deal--would you give out the schem. if you made this???? i dont think so-----

to all---ill post more info as i can
        I must be wrong I thought this forum was to help and advise each other not to profit from each other.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
          I must be wrong I thought this forum was to help and advise each other not to profit from each other.

Tony
          You're a whiner, first the acronyms and now this? Jason came up with a great idea and he needs to protect his interests. We should thank him that he let us see this much. You want help? He got an idea that will save you at least 2k by making your own monitor and you're complaining? Ungrateful.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

guy's not to downgrade what has been discussed. but that little black box is nothing new.

i've had one since 1996 and it's still works to this day.

i can turn on and off the transmitter and adjust the led's.

i have rca out and can run it from 12 volt dc or 120 volt ac.

all i need to do is connect the rca out to a video capture device and route it through to my laptop.

or i can easily route it through my hdd cam corder and then directly out to my laptop utilizing the camcorder as both a recording device and a signal converter for the usb to my laptop.

once again, not downplaying what plumberjr has brought to life, but it's actually been around since i had my very first seesnake.

have i connected mine to a laptop yet? no. can i? yes without any real issues.

so, it might be new to most of us, but it's actually old school with a new school twist. the laptop.

don't ask me to post a photo of it yet as i will wait for the ok. and believe me as i have 2 of them ready to go.

good job once again plumberjr for actually making/ designing your own.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Go ahead and post it Rick. They were products we used to sell. I agree as well. Plummber Jr. did a great job putting together the black box. But to be able to transmit the video signal and power the unit isnt anything that you could patent or sell. Seektech (seesnake folks) did it over a decade ago.

Josh

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              guy's not to downgrade what has been discussed. but that little black box is nothing new.

i can turn on and off the transmitter and adjust the led's.

i have rca out and can run it from 12 volt dc or 120 volt ac.

all i need to do is connect the rca out to a video capture device and route it through to my laptop.

or i can easily route it through my hdd cam corder and then directly out to my laptop utilizing the camcorder as both a recording device and a signal converter for the usb to my laptop.

once again, not downplaying what plumberjr has brought to life, but it's actually been around since i had my very first seesnake.

have i connected mine to a laptop yet? no. can i? yes without any real issues.

so, it might be new to most of us, but it's actually old school with a new school twist. the laptop.

don't ask me to post a photo of it yet as i will wait for the ok. and believe me as i have 2 of them ready to go.

rick.

Comment

I call firsts on it when Rick's stuff hits Ebay. Private auction Joey.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

rick.
                  Originally posted by Josh View Post
                  Go ahead and post it Rick. They were products we used to sell. I agree as well. Plummber Jr. did a great job putting together the black box. But to be able to transmit the video signal and power the unit isnt anything that you could patent or sell. Seektech (seesnake folks) did it over a decade ago.

Josh
                  well that's the ok i was waiting for

lets see if i can actually do it without the help of joey

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

lets see if i can actually do it without the help of joey

rick.
                    I guess not
                    Attached Files
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

This is one time where pictures don't help me. What exactly am I looking at in those pics?

Comment

this is the 1996 version that i used for many years with my own tv/ vcr.

i used a wireless mic to add sound to my recordings.

this is the one that ridgid had sold for years and i believe stopped in 2001/2002 ?

rick.

thanks, joey.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                          This is one time where pictures don't help me. What exactly am I looking at in those pics?
                          bill, the pictures show the power boxes that supply the power to the seesnake and convert it to an rca out for the t.v./ vcr.

these were the ones i used for years until i bought a color video toolcase.

of course the toolcase is also discontinued now too

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

all this stuff is nice--in 1996----its 2008 and its not made now---thats why i did what i did

Comment

What type of connector (Vid In/Vid Out) is this on the back of our SeeSnake monitor?

Doesn't look like an RCA to me?

Can I just connect Video Out to USB on computer to record?

Or am I oversimiplifying things?

What do I need?

Am I clueless?.....

Laymans terms please

Click image for larger version

Name:	bd07e5d8d5a984ebf9aa79c8526b4d20.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	4311

Comment

bill that looks like a "bnc" connector.

when was the last time you changed the grease on the back of your monitor

rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X