Battery Life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Life

I have a Navitrack Scout and a Navitrack Brick and the battery life of each is crap.
    I use the Scout and the brick a couple times in one week then not for a couple of weeks and find I am having to replace the battries and am wondering should I remove the battries when not in use.

Tony

Re: Battery Life

i have a Scout and have only to replace the batteries about 4 or 5 times in 2 1/2 years. but i also turn it off between "locates" since i work alone. now i replce the battery in the sonde on every job. it's not worth the agrivation to have a failure when for less than $1 i can have security.

also if you have hte contrast/sound, etc cranked it will use more battery.

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
      i have a Scout and have only to replace the batteries about 4 or 5 times in 2 1/2 years. but i also turn it off between "locates" since i work alone. now i replce the battery in the sonde on every job. it's not worth the agrivation to have a failure when for less than $1 i can have security.

also if you have hte contrast/sound, etc cranked it will use more battery.

steve
      Thanks for your imput by your calulations your changing your battries every six months but I`m getting nowhere near that with my scout and yes I do turn it off after every use, the battery in my sond that I connect to my drain cable has not been changed since I bought it six months ago.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
        Thanks for your imput by your calulations your changing your battries every six months but I`m getting nowhere near that with my scout and yes I do turn it off after every use, the battery in my sond that I connect to my drain cable has not been changed since I bought it six months ago.

Tony
        interesting Tony. BTW i keep lots of batteries in the van ...just in case.

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

AFM I have a Navi Trak and had troubles with the battery life also. They were going flat between uses. I spoke with the Ridgid man and they fixed it.
          Apparently it was a dodgy transistor or something but I guess that it is useful to have the lifetime warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Some Day Plumbing View Post
            AFM I have a Navi Trak and had troubles with the battery life also. They were going flat between uses. I spoke with the Ridgid man and they fixed it.
            Apparently it was a dodgy transistor or something but I guess that it is useful to have the lifetime warranty.
            Welcome aboard the forum it gets lonely here with all these Americians but I suppose its an Americian forum and you carn`t have everything in this life but mybe in the next.
            Thanks for the advice I`ll get Ridgid to check it out as it is driving me mad which isn`t hard.

Tony

Comment

Working...
            X