X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• million dollar tool

very frustrated-------have 2 drains that i believe are broken underground, problem is my seesnake wont fit down the 2" ci lines--SUPERPLUMBER has made this work, im sure, but mine wont fit down and i hate breaking floors up unless i have video proof of problem----the trap for the urinal i measured down at 28" underground, and this line is teed into 2 lav sinks--=prints say 3" underground, but i confirmed with my explorer that it is 2" cast line through trap---8 feet after trap is the problem----yes i tried every cutter for my 6200 and it immediately stops cable---feels like every other break ive hit in past) i know roots from collapsed pipe)---- i know ridgid has the technology and the brains, so this is my way of pioneering a camera that is 3/4" around and able to slide through 11/4" and 1 1/2 " pipe and traps---someone is gonna get rich doing it and i know it can be done

i hate breaking floors without video proof of issue---there is no c/o here and only access is urinal(2") and side by side lav sinks(1 1/2" )-lav has c/o in back access, but i get down 4 feet and dead stop---i need a small camera

and yes i jetted it and snaked with 3 machines-----please josh--build it and we will buy!!!!!!!!!!

Re: million dollar tool

You should rip the floor out regardless. Double trapped urinals. Are you sure you're not hitting calcium buildup? Here's before and after pics
    Attached Files
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Micro seesnake with 10' extenstion.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
        very frustrated-------have 2 drains that i believe are broken underground, problem is my seesnake wont fit down the 2" ci lines--SUPERPLUMBER has made this work, im sure, but mine wont fit down and i hate breaking floors up unless i have video proof of problem----the trap for the urinal i measured down at 28" underground, and this line is teed into 2 lav sinks--=prints say 3" underground, but i confirmed with my explorer that it is 2" cast line through trap---8 feet after trap is the problem----yes i tried every cutter for my 6200 and it immediately stops cable---feels like every other break ive hit in past) i know roots from collapsed pipe)---- i know ridgid has the technology and the brains, so this is my way of pioneering a camera that is 3/4" around and able to slide through 11/4" and 1 1/2 " pipe and traps---someone is gonna get rich doing it and i know it can be done

i hate breaking floors without video proof of issue---there is no c/o here and only access is urinal(2") and side by side lav sinks(1 1/2" )-lav has c/o in back access, but i get down 4 feet and dead stop---i need a small camera

and yes i jetted it and snaked with 3 machines-----please josh--build it and we will buy!!!!!!!!!!
        Would it be possible to add extensions to the Explorer?

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I thought this was a thread about LJ based on the title.

J.C.

Comment

Im afraid to break the head off as it has lots of fitts in line and --i had a hard time getting 5/8 cable in there--also , it takes just a little crap on the head to ruin the pic, over and over---i guess i can give it a shot----its real tight and id hate to snap off that head and be in trouble

josh, have any testing extension around?????

Comment

I dare say this to you....but....would a 5/8" sectional give you more flexibility to maybe get to and through your problem?

If not, Kohler is gonna' make a camera soon.

J.C.

Comment

I tried the k50 also--and the 3/8 drum too----all same

also---kohler is crap, and it would cost a fortune and last a week and take 13 months for parts ---kohler sux

Comment

Have you tried stringing the head of your camera to get it to turn at the bottom of the lav drain?

J.C.

Comment

ridgid has smaller cameras than the mini seesnake. their mini black and white is .99'' diameter x 1.75'' long.

i have a camera that i've inspected inside of 1'' type l copper.

small scale pipe inspection is a very specialty market and most likely not worth the investment to build a small camera.

the ridgid line of cameras are rated for 1.25''- 12''

truthfully 8'' is about all you can really expect to push and light.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      ridgid has smaller cameras than the mini seesnake. their mini black and white is .99'' diameter x 1.75'' long.
                      Bingo!

I have one of these for just these cases, though if you can't get the water out you won't see much. Is your see snake full size or the mini? The mini-color will go through 2" ci, though not a 2" trap.

Agree with the string comment earlier.

Have you tried jetting? This may at least clean it up enough that you can see with your micro....

OK, I see you tried jetting.... why is the urinal line trapped under slab? is it one of the ones that drains out in the floor, not the usual ones trapped in the porcelain and draining out thru the wall?
                      Last edited by Ace Sewer; 09-04-2008, 06:02 PM.
                      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X