X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Use for Color Compact

i did a job this morning. typical blocked toilets. owner doesn't want to lift either toilet as they are very expensive and also doesn't want the machine inside. go to outside CO and run the camera back towards the house to see distance and possibly the obstruction. about 15 feet in i encounter a massive white glob with a small amount of water seeping from it. this is at a 45 just downstream of a "T". hmmmmm, toilet paper mass? i decide to "probe" the mass and see what happens. BOOM the flood gates open andthe screen goes dark. water and paper flow past the CO opening onto its trip to the septic tank. have the owner flush both toilets several times until nice clear water is the only thing flowing. pushed the camera to the "T". that's how i knew it was there, retrieved the camera and let the HO observe the pipe as we looked for any issues.

invoice read, "cleared paper blockage at ~ 15 feet into CO with camera"

i don't no stinkin' machines, i've got a camera

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Re: New Use for Color Compact

I just need to design a camera head with some teeth on it... nobody would ever have to buy a machine again ;-)

Comment

Have JC talk to your design department. He had some good ideas involving duct tape and a cat

Comment

I guy I used to work with would do that...many times the camera head went to the shop. Dont get in the habit of doing that. Might void any warranty as well.

Comment

i don't plan on doing it on a regular basis. the push was less than making a 1 1/2' trap. all it needed was a little "preswayshun" and the flood gates opened.

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            Have JC talk to your design department. He had some good ideas involving duct tape and a cat
            Nice.

A mole might work better, but that's a sore subject around here with some.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

i thought about a badger or wolverine on a chain but how do i attach them without getting my face chewed off? plus getting them into the pipe

steve

Comment

You guys are so thrown off. I use field mice for sink drains and norway rats for mainline stoppages.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  You guys are so thrown off. I use field mice for sink drains and norway rats for mainline stoppages.
                  i freaking HATE the brown norweigin rat. they are endemic here and i have used 3 rat traps back to back on a fence line to kill them.

if tomorrow someone said they all were extinct i'd dance for joy ... and invite Sarah to join me

steve

Comment

ridgid cameras are extremely durable. i use mine to routinely push through roots to inspect lines. i use them to jump offsets in the line either clay or cast.

the only time i've damaged a camera was 12 years ago when i had a camera running inches away from a 3000# jetter for hours.

cameras are very durable it the right hands.

why is it i've owned them for 12 years and only had 1 camera head go bad and 2 transmitters. the transmitters have been upgraded to a new better designed, more durable transmitter.

if you use common sense in working this equipment, it will do what it's designed to do, and not break.

pushing a camera through toilet paper is well within reason of normal everyday work.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
                      i did a job this morning. typical blocked toilets. owner doesn't want to lift either toilet as they are very expensive and also doesn't want the machine inside. go to outside CO and run the camera back towards the house to see distance and possibly the obstruction. about 15 feet in i encounter a massive white glob with a small amount of water seeping from it. this is at a 45 just downstream of a "T". hmmmmm, toilet paper mass? i decide to "probe" the mass and see what happens. BOOM the flood gates open andthe screen goes dark. water and paper flow past the CO opening onto its trip to the septic tank. have the owner flush both toilets several times until nice clear water is the only thing flowing. pushed the camera to the "T". that's how i knew it was there, retrieved the camera and let the HO observe the pipe as we looked for any issues.

invoice read, "cleared paper blockage at ~ 15 feet into CO with camera"

i don't no stinkin' machines, i've got a camera

steve
                      Kool thing about having the camera is being right when you say what the problem is then prove it.
                      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        ridgid cameras are extremely durable. i use mine to routinely push through roots to inspect lines. i use them to jump offsets in the line either clay or cast.

the only time i've damaged a camera was 12 years ago when i had a camera running inches away from a 3000# jetter for hours.

cameras are very durable it the right hands.

why is it i've owned them for 12 years and only had 1 camera head go bad and 2 transmitters. the transmitters have been upgraded to a new better designed, more durable transmitter.

if you use common sense in working this equipment, it will do what it's designed to do, and not break.

pushing a camera through toilet paper is well within reason of normal everyday work.

rick.
                        It`s good to hear that Rick as it stipulates in the manual that came with my seesnake not to force the camera through any obstructions which is difficult when trying to camera a drain.

Tony

Comment

What caused the clog at that spot?Flat line,valley,old age of pipes?Glad the job went quickly.
                          Kenneth Collier
                          Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
                          Jackson, MS 39206
                          (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                          drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by drainman881999 View Post
                            What caused the clog at that spot?Flat line,valley,old age of pipes?Glad the job went quickly.
                            looks like a combination of little useage (HO was off island and house keeper was there 2 days in 3 weeks) and a valley between the T & 45. assuming the house keeper urinated, wiped and the paper got to the dip and stopped. lots of paper!!

steve

Comment

Working...
                            X