Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how to clean the SeekTech SR-60?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how to clean the SeekTech SR-60?

Does anyone have ideas of how to clean the yellow casing on the SR-60? Over the past few months of normal use I have acquired pink paint on the surface of the machine and I don't know what to use to safely clean it off without damaging the yellow plastic.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!
    thanks

Re: Anyone know how to clean the SeekTech SR-60?

Whats wrong with a pink locator Not sure on what to remove. Anything that would remove paint would likely ruin the plastic. I'll leave this one up to the forum to answer.

Josh

Comment

mine is green (sewers) (money)

try either goo gone or grafitti remover.

check the container for possible plastic damage. try a small rag and sample away from the screen.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Maybe even try magic eraser
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
          Whats wrong with a pink locator

Because I don't "swing that way!!"

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            mine is green (sewers) (money)

try either goo gone or grafitti remover.

check the container for possible plastic damage. try a small rag and sample away from the screen.

rick.
            I'd be afraid of either of these products on plastic. Won't they soften it?

Is the paint water based? Maybe try a scotchbrite pad and some elbow grease with a strong detergent, maybe even some alcohol or acetone (nail polish remover) which is a little more friendly to plastic.
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
              Maybe try a scotchbrite pad and some elbow grease with a strong detergent
              this sounds like a good idea, I hadn't thought of a scotchbrite

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
              ...maybe even some alcohol or acetone (nail polish remover) which is a little more friendly to plastic.
              I actually tried acetone on a very small spot underneith of the machine but it looked like it was going to dissolve the plastic....and I tried alcohol, and it didn't work.

thanks for all the suggestions!!

Comment

Working...
              X