Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The slowest section on the forum

Originally posted by ozplumb View Post
    Hi Rick. just a question with the propress? Do you think this system will replace brazing altogether?

it can if people give it a chance. especially on potable water. they have 3 different o-rings available and they cover a large range of fluids and gasses. but you're still limited to certain pressures and fluids/ gasses.

Is there a slip socket type fitting that allows you to fix a burst copper line in a tight wall without opening up a massive hole in a brick wall just to get the tool in?

they make slip couplings from 1/2''-4''. they have no stop so make sure to properly mark the 50/50 spot on the pipes. bummer is the couplings with no stops are a lot more expensive in the smaller sizes

now with the new swivel jaws, you can get just about any angle to get at the repair.

I know i should ask a rep these questions but i would rather hear feedback from someone who has used it rather than someone who sells it. Also without blowing smoke up your a?';se your knowledge on lots of discussions on this forum has been educating to say the least. Thanks ozplumb
    educating with a little controversy

if you ever need a hands on demo, you know where i'm at.
    13 hours away

thanks

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Fly?should I swim to save $$$. Thanks rick i might get the rep to come out instead. nice work on that jetter job. DIRTY!!

Comment

hi tony hope the missus didnt hurt you mate
        Just letting you know your guide pipe helped me again today and i got a very nice job finished in 4 hrs. The ability to get a look at exactly what and where the prob was. The owner was happy and its great to have all the guess work taken out of the equation when ive got the confidence to camera the bt. There are a lot of guys that dont do the bts but they charge hundreds more because they dig up the point and go in through the IO. Clever though because once the hole is dug if there is a problem they can fix it on the spot and double charge for the job. Keep us posted on any more ideas. Also mate do you just have the 325' self level or do you think a mini would be worth it as well? thanks
        Hi Oz

I'm glad its working for you, I think your like me, you hate digging and its the last resort, I have a 200' self leveling seesnake plus and I am wondering why you got a 325' as the majority of the sewers I inspect are around 140' in length, I had a go with a mini but found out it would only go done about 70' to 80' with all the bends in a 4" sewerage pipe before it wouldn`t push any further as the push cable isn`t as stiff as the plus push cable and really I have no use for inspecting smaller secondary drains,
        the seesnake has changed my whole outlook on clearing sewers as now I can clear them properly or advice my client how to fix them, where before I literally working in the dark.
        I bought a Navitrack Sout with my plus so I can locate where the camera is in the sewer pipe and couldn`t do without it now.

Tony

Comment

A lot of folks buy the 325' reels in case they kink the cable and have to reterminate. lets say you kink at 100' out. with the 200' you are left with 100' total. with the 325' you still have 225'.

Just be careful with not getting to much slack outside of the pipe when pushing the cable in. Almost all of the kinking happens when someone jams hard with a big loop outside the pipe and the cable kinks against the lip of entry to the pipe.

Josh

Comment

Fly?should I swim to save $$$. Thanks rick i might get the rep to come out instead. nice work on that jetter job. DIRTY!!
            you missed my point

i was referring to a nice trip to visit you guys

haven't been there since 1990

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
              A lot of folks buy the 325' reels in case they kink the cable and have to reterminate. lets say you kink at 100' out. with the 200' you are left with 100' total. with the 325' you still have 225'.

Just be careful with not getting to much slack outside of the pipe when pushing the cable in. Almost all of the kinking happens when someone jams hard with a big loop outside the pipe and the cable kinks against the lip of entry to the pipe.

Josh
              Thats a nice tip Josh I never thought of the push cable kinking there.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                you missed my point

i was referring to a nice trip to visit you guys

haven't been there since 1990

rick.

You amaze me Rick, I was just looking at your post on the 78' trenchless area drain' and was amazed at the equipment you have and use in your day to day plumbing, I wouldn`t think you would have any trouble pulling out a 747 from your bag of tricks and flying down here any time you wished, but I feel its a lot different since the 1990`s

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                  I wouldn`t think you would have any trouble pulling out a 747 from your bag of tricks
                  Tony
                  Rick! All this time I thought you were just happy to see me
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Hi again Rick lost in translation!! Thanks for the tips can i bug you on one more? I just set up a thread on what would be the best locator for me? Drainade work mainly and little service locating just so i dont bloody dig em up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                      You amaze me Rick, I was just looking at your post on the 78' trenchless area drain' and was amazed at the equipment you have and use in your day to day plumbing, I wouldn`t think you would have any trouble pulling out a 747 from your bag of tricks and flying down here any time you wished, but I feel its a lot different since the 1990`s

Tony
                      Yeah your right tony its a bit hard to look at what these guys have to work with over there. One of those jetters would be nice too!!!!
                      (or four)
                      I guess i got talked into the 325' plus because if i ever did biggere work for shires or water boards then it wouldnt stop me from doing the job. Josh had a good point too about being able to repair the head onto your remaining push rod although i never want to pull the rod up without the bloody head on it. Do you think the bigger locator would be worth it or are you happy with your scout?? Thanks mate

Comment

Yeah your right tony its a bit hard to look at what these guys have to work with over there. One of those jetters would be nice too!!!!
                        (or four)
                        I guess i got talked into the 325' plus because if i ever did biggere work for shires or water boards then it wouldnt stop me from doing the job. Josh had a good point too about being able to repair the head onto your remaining push rod although i never want to pull the rod up without the bloody head on it. Do you think the bigger locator would be worth it or are you happy with your scout?? Thanks mate
                        Yes the prices they pay for Ridgid equipment, I would have two of everything, I bought the scout because that is all I needed was to trace my seesnake sonde, and was $1000.00 cheaper than the Navitrack 11 and I already have a pipe locator

Tony

Comment

Working...
                        X