The slowest section on the forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The slowest section on the forum

Guess the seesnake is so strong and reliable we don't really got to talk about it. lol
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: The slowest section on the forum

Don't own one. So I keep my mouth shut about them most of the time.

Wish owners would post more pics of their jobs though.

J.C.

Comment

I got mine stuck 2 times this week went in just fine but wouldn`t come back out
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I would like to know if anyone has ever had draino or acid eat the camera or spring or sonde.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I've never had any probs with chems affecting camera that I know of... most of my probs have been with the monitor or cables, couple kinked pushrods over the years. I doubt the camera has seen a lot of chems though. It rarely goes in a line that is still backed up; only if I'm trying to locate it in hopes of finding another access because I've had no luck where I'm working from.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I want to know if anyone uses a Flatpack...

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
              Guess the seesnake is so strong and reliable we don't really got to talk about it. lol
              I wonder just how many plumbers have them, Josh should arrange a survey, I bought a seesnake plus at the beginning of this year but they are far and in between where I come from because of the price and trying justify them for your business, which in my case is paying for itself, but it still an effort convincing a client to use it with the added expense.

Tony

Comment

hi tony. your advice with the 40mm pvc guide for a bt worked great yesterday. You saved me a lot of work and I am confident on using it in that situation again. Where I work a few guys have them and I have noticed the rates have gone down a touch. However I havent really had much trouble in convincing customers to have their drain cctv'd and most are interested in its ability to make sure that the condition is ok so they wont be up for regular bills off ad hoc bastards putting their cable machine down, moving some tree roots around, and coming back in six months to do it all over again!Money well spent???? Im still to benefit greatly money wise off it but I think its just helped sure up the drain maintanence side of my business.
                Its a massive outlay initially but i think if you want to keep up with competition you have to spend every now and then. Thanks again for the advice on the bt guide.

Comment

Originally posted by ozplumb View Post
                  hi tony. your advice with the 40mm pvc guide for a bt worked great yesterday. You saved me a lot of work and I am confident on using it in that situation again. Where I work a few guys have them and I have noticed the rates have gone down a touch. However I havent really had much trouble in convincing customers to have their drain cctv'd and most are interested in its ability to make sure that the condition is ok so they wont be up for regular bills off ad hoc bastards putting their cable machine down, moving some tree roots around, and coming back in six months to do it all over again!Money well spent???? Im still to benefit greatly money wise off it but I think its just helped sure up the drain maintanence side of my business.
                  Its a massive outlay initially but i think if you want to keep up with competition you have to spend every now and then. Thanks again for the advice on the bt guide.
                  Yes I have found it adictive I normaly clear the blockage and then put down the camera to see what the problem is before I put down the 100mm sharktooth cutter and have been supprised at how many times i have been able to clear a blockage properly.
                  On another subject do you take eftpos and credit card payments as I am thinking of getting a portable eftpos terminal to carry to jobs and see the costs are quite reasonable.
                  Now come on Ozplumb you have made 7 posts I want to see at least 50 more before Christmas you must have a world of comments to make and these yankies won`t jump all over you for you grammer.

Tony

Comment

yeah yeah. Ive been pretty slack with the forum although i do read it a lot and just take advice without getting involved. I reckon the eftpos would be a great idea to have handy when they say. " Oh! You need payment now?" Then you can say CASH,CHQ, CREDIT. Stick the machine on the table, have em swipe the card and done!!!
                    My main work is contract new housing for a small builder (30 to 50 homes per yr) which keeps me busy as a one man show. Therefore I am not capitalising on the maintanence side but more filling the week up. Do you do maintanence only?

Comment

Also mate are you a one man show? Do you do domestic amintanence or comm or both? The reason i ask all this is ive only been in business for around three years now and am struggling to stick to just one type of work. As in new homes, reno's, maintanence etc. Just if you could tell me about your starting out years ago and anything you would do differently? Thanks Tony ill try and get at least 50 up by christmas

Comment

amintanence??? Maintanence!!!

Comment

Sorry to keep hassling you Tony!
                          What type of camera have you got? Obviously ridgid but what length, monitor etc?

Comment

Originally posted by ozplumb View Post
                            yeah yeah. Ive been pretty slack with the forum although i do read it a lot and just take advice without getting involved. I reckon the eftpos would be a great idea to have handy when they say. " Oh! You need payment now?" Then you can say CASH,CHQ, CREDIT. Stick the machine on the table, have em swipe the card and done!!!
                            My main work is contract new housing for a small builder (30 to 50 homes per yr) which keeps me busy as a one man show. Therefore I am not capitalising on the maintanence side but more filling the week up. Do you do maintanence only?
                            Been there done the new stuff now 100% maintanence i like to get in out and not worry about builders and being paid and not having all my eggs in one basket and working for myself for over thirty years I have a large client base which helps and every job is different.

Tony

Comment

thought as much tony. I will go that way full time too but for the moment i think i have to keep doing a bit with this builder to help keep busy and then when my client base is up enough ill get away from builders altogether. Thanks tony

Comment

Working...
                              X