X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seesnake Micro Pinout?

Does anyone knows the pinout for the SeeSnake Micro? I would like to be able to make an adapter to an RCA or BNC input so I can use the LCD as an aiming monitor for CCTV installation.

Re: Seesnake Micro Pinout?

There are only 5 pins used. Ground (black), vid signal(white), cam power 5v(red), LEDs powered seperately( blue and green). If you take a meter, you should be able to find them. Well, maybe not the vid signal (i'm not much help now). I had broke the cam off the end of the snake and just had to redo it. I wish i would have been thinking and traced the wires through the snake. You could still find it, it will just take a bit more effort.

Find the power and the led power leads. ( turn the unit on all the way and set the meter to DCV, Start picking 2 pins till you get 5v. Once you find that, you will have found the ground and should be able to find any pins with power on them.) Then just send a video signal into the pins with no power one at a time till you get signal. I'm not sure this will work as I do not know what the signal format is, but you should be able to find your pins.

If you don't care about salvaging the snake itself, the colors I gave up top are correct.

Hope this helps.
    Daniel

I am not liable if this smokes your unit. This is how I found what went where when reattaching the camera.

Comment

Thanks for the wire colors. I have a head that came off and pulled the wires off the circuit board inside the head. There are 5 solder pads. I found Ground by observing what was connected to the planes on the PCB. Now I have 4 unknown pads and 4 known wires. Anybody know what wire goes to what pad ?

Comment

This is a truly weird thread. 3 brand new members posting about the pinouts on our tool. 2 of em engineers.

Comment

Not as weird as someone that knows the answer
          keeping it secret. I guess you would prefer that I
          buy a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by TAG View Post
            Not as weird as someone that knows the answer
            keeping it secret. I guess you would prefer that I
            buy a new one.
            Come out and say it don`t beat around the bush tell Josh what your'e thinking.

Tony

Comment

If you have broken the camera head off your Seesnake Micro the wire colors are
              White
              Black
              Blue
              Green
              Red

This is the same as the ribbon but with the black and white wires crossed.

You can identify the earth by the amount of copper.

The ribbon is soldered to the side with the capacitor (in foam)

Good luck

Comment

Yup fishy...

If ya broke it send it to an authorized service center for repair...

So you want to use it for something it was not designed for and you are upset at Ridgid / Josh for not telling you how to do it?

TAG, It is time to put on your big girl panties and get over yourself. Hit a library do a little learning and work it out for yourself... That or you can spend your days kicking rocks because people will not hand you all of the answers in life.

The choice is yours...

Comment

I only have the camera head, and the wires have been cut from the PCB. Are the colors you listed in the same order as on the camera PCB? If so, from which side?

Comment

Originally posted by rainbowjeremy View Post
                    I only have the camera head, and the wires have been cut from the PCB. Are the colors you listed in the same order as on the camera PCB? If so, from which side?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by smopoim86 View Post
                      There are only 5 pins used. Ground (black), vid signal(white), cam power 5v(red), LEDs powered seperately( blue and green). If you take a meter, you should be able to find them. Well, maybe not the vid signal (i'm not much help now). I had broke the cam off the end of the snake and just had to redo it. I wish i would have been thinking and traced the wires through the snake. You could still find it, it will just take a bit more effort.

Find the power and the led power leads. ( turn the unit on all the way and set the meter to DCV, Start picking 2 pins till you get 5v. Once you find that, you will have found the ground and should be able to find any pins with power on them.) Then just send a video signal into the pins with no power one at a time till you get signal. I'm not sure this will work as I do not know what the signal format is, but you should be able to find your pins.

If you don't care about salvaging the snake itself, the colors I gave up top are correct.

Hope this helps.
                      Daniel

I am not liable if this smokes your unit. This is how I found what went where when reattaching the camera.
                      Hello Daniel, I have the same problem you did, while trying to get the snake into a tight area it snapped off and ripped the ribbon off the camera board. There is nothing left to tell me which way the cable was on the board. I was also able to determine what the wires do but I dont see anything obvious on the board to identify its connections unless I cut even more of the housing off the board. I am hoping you recall which side of the board the black wire is on, for clarity, if the camera is looking at you,(with the black "felt covered component" facing up) is the black wire of ribbon on the left or the right side of the board? Appreciate any info you can provide. Thanks, Troy

Comment

Working...
                      X