X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First shoot

I was interested in the gvision unit but now that the LT1000 is out I do not see myself buying the gvision. And I still do a lot of digital recording with my Archos. I will be buying the LT1000 compact sit on the ground unit soon. I wonder what my Ridgid miles are up to now? LOL
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
      I was interested in the gvision unit but now that the LT1000 is out I do not see myself buying the gvision. And I still do a lot of digital recording with my Archos. I will be buying the LT1000 compact sit on the ground unit soon. I wonder what my Ridgid miles are up to now? LOL
      hopefully not as many as mine

just added another tool saturday

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Ok I want a Lt1000 who has them in stock & how much
        Any suggestions in the New York Area.

Comment

Originally posted by Sewerat View Post
          AJ Coleman ships worldwide. Many other forum members here can tell you the guys at AJ Coleman know their sewer and drain tools. And they have parts to match. http://www.allanjcoleman.com/
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Just make sure you check warranties when buying OS and check can you hook it up to power and if so the US runs a lower voltage???

Tony

Comment

Tony, doesnt this post explian everything. We are lacking competency in the Ridgid establishment in Melbourne. Wake up Ridgid Australia we are talking to you...........!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                Tony, doesnt this post explian everything. We are lacking competency in the Ridgid establishment in Melbourne. Wake up Ridgid Australia we are talking to you...........!!!!!!
                Cleanmen2 I don`t know how you got onto this forum but I didn`t know it existed till I got an email from Ridgid U.S ?? asking me if I would like to join it which I did and before I bought my Seesnake I picked the brains of Rick and everybody I could on this forum and still do as I am not to proud to learn something new as far as Ridgid in Melbourne is concerned they could do a lot better and head office in the U.S if they really cared about their clients outside the U.S.
                I am seeing a lot of Plumbers here buying opposition sewer cameras locators etc as there are one hell of a lot coming onto the market here and I think it has a lot to do with Ridgid pricing and after sales service.
                I also think the problem is that Ridgid in Melbourne have been on the top in this market for many years with no opposition and has become complacent and loose their edge.

Tony

Comment

I know some on the forum are already using it, but SeeSnake HQ is a software package that can help utilize digital media.

The software was designed to work with SeeSnake cameras, so you won't get all the features to work if using Gvision/Archos equipment, but it can do interesting things like create reports and put them on a thumb drive, create a PDF, or even burn a DVD.

If you want to check it out and see if it can work for you, it's available for free at:

http://hq.ridgid.com/product-hq.php

I hope that helps and good luck!

Comment

Well as cleanman stated- Ridgid OZ is a Joke!
                    We have been hanging out for the lt1000
                    They finally sent us an email to say they had arrived in OZ.
                    Ring the phone number on email as you do.
                    Get the run around & finally get told to ring a retailer not the number they sent us.
                    Ring a retailer no idea what I am talking about.
                    Ring Ridgid to see if I can pay retailer but order over phone.

lt 1000m arent here still 3 weeks off. 3 weeks elapse still 3 weeks off!
                    In other words they will ship from states when you place order.

We have over 250k of Ridgid gear, love the Ridgid product but are stuck with snobby rude OZ distributor.
                    We rang Chris in May to preorder - still havent heard from him.

It is also illegal in OZ to advertise something you dont have in stock.
                    Please get your **** together - Quickly!!!!!!!

Comment

Need I say more of the crap service in OZ!
                      LT1000m turned up today.
                      Opened the box up (RTFM)
                      American pin plug no oz adaptor. No Battery -no charger -USELESS!!!!!!!

SO WE waited 6 months for these to be adapted to OZ standards & power parameters, only to find that after the wait I receive an exactly the same set up as an American unit.
                      How much Bull dust can Ridigid OZ blow up one persons clacker!!!!

I have paid over 2k for a plant pot stand!!!!!
                      Chris says most guys use power leads - LOL!!
                      Why buy or sell a completely portable cctv system & use it on mains you clown!!!
                      Would you buy a car with out the fuel tank - it will run if you are next to the bowser!!!!!!!
                      Maybe next time it might be worth mentioning more accessories are needed (such as the battery) to make it work or possible pay the $2 for the OZ power lead.
                      WHy is it so HArd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Need I say more of the crap service in OZ!
                        LT1000m turned up today.
                        Opened the box up (RTFM)
                        American pin plug no oz adaptor. No Battery -no charger -USELESS!!!!!!!

SO WE waited 6 months for these to be adapted to OZ standards & power parameters, only to find that after the wait I receive an exactly the same set up as an American unit.
                        How much Bull dust can Ridigid OZ blow up one persons clacker!!!!

I have paid over 2k for a plant pot stand!!!!!
                        Chris says most guys use power leads - LOL!!
                        Why buy or sell a completely portable cctv system & use it on mains you clown!!!
                        Would you buy a car with out the fuel tank - it will run if you are next to the bowser!!!!!!!
                        Maybe next time it might be worth mentioning more accessories are needed (such as the battery) to make it work or possible pay the $2 for the OZ power lead.
                        WHy is it so HArd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Sewerat

I'm sorry to hear about you problems but complacency is what Ridgid Melbourne is all about and has been for many years, they haven't had real opposition up until now with all the other sewerage cameras and other plumbing equipment coming onto the market.
                        I wonder just how much of this U.S. plumbers would put up with before they screamed and how long it would take to fix, not long.
                        Ridgid has to have been in Australia for at least sixty years as the plumber I did my apprenticeship with in the sixties had Ridgid tools, so head office in the U.S. has to know what is going on, is Ridgid in Melbourne owned by Ridgid U.S. or is it a franchise which may explain its contempt for Australian plumbers, no I feel a broom has to be swept through Ridgid Melbounre and new management be installed and a professional approach began at once where the customer comes first again and not the staff.
                        I am not the only one screaming in the wilderness for action there are others and we carn't all be wrong and Ridgid U.S. can ignore at its own perail $$$.

Tony

Comment

I can only speak for my tiny area of the U.S.

A Ridgid vendor (supply house) that has good personnel will make some efforts to help resolve an issue about a Ridgid product. I might have to work with them to make sure that they get the exact thing I'm wanting or they might screw it up.

But I find I have to do that with anything these days. Kohler, Delta, Rheem, Rinnai, Ridgid....whatever. If I don't put my thumb on people and make triple sure that all of the numbers & letters are what they are supposed to be on any order, then the % increases dramatically that it will get screwed up. Probably shouldn't be that way, but it is.

I've found the Ridgid 1-800 phone number in the U.S. to be reasonably quick, knowledgeable, and helpful.

The Forum even more helpful.

An actual sighting of a Ridgid representative here is kind of like Bigfoot.

J.C.

Comment

Max has always taken care of me and mine out here.
                            Must be my charming personality

Comment

I know you guys over there find it hard to understand but some of us actually believe we are fairly serious operators. We take pride in what we do, we believe in our Clients, not customers(they are the things that you see at McDonalds), and have reputations that are precious to us. Like Sewerrat I too have a considerable amount of money INVESTED in Ridgid. In the beginning there was a rep who cared, now we have a rep who does I dont know what but it is not his job. As Tony said there is competition which sees many others deserting Ridgid for the other gear. However we insist on the best available which is most times Ridgid. So Sewerrat got a pot plant stand. Why???? Becasue the USELESS REP NEGLECTED, yes I said NEGLECTED, to do his job and know exactly what he was selling and package together what was asked for. So the snake-oil sales rep now has Sewerrat over a barrel through stealth and will be sticking the boot in to supply a battery and charger which should have been packaged in the first place. Oh, just to back up a bit so you guys over there can understand better ther quality of our Ridgid Rep, he thinks we all drag power leads around with us. I wonder how much money has been wasted by all of the different manufacturers all over the world developing battery power so we can be self sufficient. Over here the longest lead we are supposed to use is 30 mtrs. Hey Rick and others, how often do you use batteries in your business. I rest my case. A rep that really knows his products, I dont think so. Maybe next chapter could be on the relationship with the rep and the reseller who is the guru of fixing up but really outsources instead. Watch this space. Start investigating Joe before it is too late..................!!!!!

Comment

I believe you are completely serious. I'm not familiar with the way your ordering works there. Here I'm able to order, even for non-stock special items, and if they screw it up, then I'm not paying for it.

They have to return it and get it right. And pay for any shipping on their end because the price they gave me from the start is the price I pay.

And if downtime is a real and honest issue, then a good Ridgid representative should do everything to get it there as quick as possible.

Heck, even lil' ol' me has had a garbage disposal put on an airplane once.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X