Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First shoot

sounds like you guys need to jump on a plane and come for a shopping spree

or now that phoebe is 4 weeks old, josh and the boys can come down and each pack a suitcase of goodies
    wouldn't be the first time i packed my gear. i have a brand new battery and charger but it's 120 volt.

so, how's the weather

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick I say this with the highest respect to you and all of the others over there, you are so lucky you have passionate people in Josh for one who actually care about you. As Plumbers over here we get little short of nothing. Weather is on the improve, maybe we could tease you guys. However we dont have return flights often so you might be here for a while. Mind you youu could have some fun cleaning up the Aussie operation while you are waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        sounds like you guys need to jump on a plane and come for a shopping spree

or now that phoebe is 4 weeks old, josh and the boys can come down and each pack a suitcase of goodies
        wouldn't be the first time i packed my gear. i have a brand new battery and charger but it's 120 volt.

so, how's the weather

rick.
        And of cause you'll pay for the trip Rick won't you and bring a real charger with with 240 Volts not your pee wee 120 Volt and why is yours 120 Volt.

Tony

Comment

i could bring some pre-charged batteries and my step down transformer

or you could ship me your batteries and i can charge them for you free of charge of course

or you can each pitch in some a$ and i can catch the next flight with a plane load of ridgid goodies. how close is bill to your location? can't come back empty handed

let me know, i got the bags and tools packed

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Another example of what we experience in OZ
            How much do you guys pay for the 10ft lead between the Seasnake camera reel & the recording device tool box/ dvd recorder?
            Given our dollar is parity your prices should be equal to what we are charged.
            The lead has 2 unique 3 pin plugs & shielded 2 core wire in rubber sheath- no big deal.

OUR PRICE $405!!!!! ^%$%&***(

If its not worth $30 max I will start producing them on mass!

This crap undermines the Brand & makes all customers question their investments in the future.
            Basic exortion of a captive market. I will be drilling 2 rca connectors into the side of our tool box - cost $7.50

Comment

Originally posted by Sewerat View Post
              Another example of what we experience in OZ
              How much do you guys pay for the 10ft lead between the Seasnake camera reel & the recording device tool box/ dvd recorder?
              Given our dollar is parity your prices should be equal to what we are charged.
              The lead has 2 unique 3 pin plugs & shielded 2 core wire in rubber sheath- no big deal.

OUR PRICE $405!!!!! ^%$%&***(

If its not worth $30 max I will start producing them on mass!

This crap undermines the Brand & makes all customers question their investments in the future.
              Basic exortion of a captive market. I will be drilling 2 rca connectors into the side of our tool box - cost $7.50
              Join the the club "The Ridgid Mutual Admiration Society" where they go out of their way to rip us off and take us to the cleaners.

Tony

Comment

So can anyone tell me what the price of this lead is in the states

Comment

The 10 ft interconect cord number 67307 is 82.10 list price us funds marvin

Comment

And it is overpriced here.

I wonder how much of your price can be blamed on import duty.

This whole thread makes me want to pack up and move to Oz and open a store.

Why can't you guys just mail order things from a US distributor? Sounds like the shipping would be minimal compared to the way things are getting marked up.
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Ace we are getting screwed over down here because our market is small compared to yours. What upsets us more is the lack of service and support which you guys have in Josh and all of the other wonderful people from Ridgid US.
                      one of the biggest complaints we have is that our Rep doesnt know his product like the US guys and gals. If he did we would have respect for him and probably spend more regularly

Comment

Well if Ridgid wants they can hire me and relocate me down under and I can be a Ridgid Rep.
                        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Thanks for the price guide as we now have something to compare & support our claims.
                          The problem seems to be the greed & to many people in the chain between the US & the end user. All of which are trying to maximise profit.
                          When a 10ft 3 core lead gets to nearly $400 dollars, its a bridge to far!!!

Ridgid US you need to do something as these clowns are doing terrible damage to your brand.

Comment

Ratz will tell you, and my experience bears his praise out, that Marvin knows more about equpiment than I ever will AND stocks parts for most of it and can get the rest. I bet he'll ship to you... Why not? You are getting screwed so hard on the pricing that the shipping can't be that bad... I bought some stuff from Jetter's Edge and it was shockingly cheap to ship this way. How can it be any more going the other?

Other than electronic/electric bits that are Oz power specific, kick your crap rep to the curb and talk to Marvin. If I had to place a bet, I'd bet he can get Oz power stuff too, though I might be wrong on that. Worst thing would be you'd have to wait a little while for it to arrive... so buy two. Or better yet, buy three, sell one to your buddy, he pays for the shipping and still saves over oz pricing.
                            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                            X