X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini finds a gas leak

1-1/4" PE at sports bar feeding outdoor firepits. Massive leak - contractor couldn't even pump up the line for test.

Put B/W mini (15/16" head) in at anodeless riser. BARELY made it through the steel stiffener inside the pipe at the fusion joint (thickness of stiffener reduced I.D. about 1/8").

Image shows first of three "dings" in the pipe - one for each tooth of mini-excavator used to dig landscape wall where pipe was hit.
    Attached Files

Re: Mini finds a gas leak

Excelent job Vance.
    Sorry no-one acknowledged your achievemement earlier.
    Some of us don't know when to respond unless we see a picture of someperson's face.

So what is a steel stiffener? Are you refering to a transition fitting?
    I'm lost on this one
    nothin' new
    Last edited by drtyhands; 11-02-2008, 12:55 PM. Reason: I had to add a smilie to soften the mood...BABY

Comment

Nice work!
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        Excelent job Vance.
        Sorry no-one acknowledged your achievemement earlier.
        Some of us don't know when to respond unless we see a picture of someperson's face.

So what is a steel stiffener? Are you refering to a transition fitting?
        I'm lost on this one
        nothin' new
        I think I mis-spoke on the fusion joint - that's what I tend to see most often.

I think this is one of those newer mechanical PE gas fittings - similar to a G-union but specifically designed & approved for PE gas pipe. Since it works by getting tightened down, you need a steel insert inside so it won't just crush down the pipe.

Image attached.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X