No announcement yet.

Micro SeeSnake through W/C??

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro SeeSnake through W/C??

Is it possible to get the micro seesnake past a water closet trap and all the way to the flange? Just curious. Once you have a bend going up, I think it's nearly impossible to rotate it and have it start going down.

I can easily get it through the p-trap and toward the top of the trap, but can't make it go down. - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Re: Micro SeeSnake through W/C??

I've done this once, never been able to repeat. Suspect I just got a forgiving toilet that time. I try from time to time when I have a toilet I'd like to see the bottom of and it's a slow day, but other than the one time have always ended up pulling the toilet off. The time I was successful, I'd tied a string to the head of the camera and pulled it back to bend the head down once up thru the trap.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Pushing it through is easy, getting it back is harder. I use the smaller extention to get through along with another gadget but I honestly haven't found this skill to be very useful. Using a closet auger imo accomplishes the same thing but you're not seeing the problem, you're feeling them. I thought I could inspect the wax ring but you can't even see the wax ring because the horn extends down past it.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Did you try flushing it? Maybe with an extension on it? Just a thought, or will the toilet not flush? Guess it depends on what you need to see.

But I have found a use for seesnake micro with toilets, when you remove the toilet turn it upside down and run the camera in I have found drinking straws that where unaffected by using a toilet auger before. I was on a call back and I hate callbacks.With out the camera I would have just put it back on and when enough toilet paper went thru they would have called me again.
          Seattle Drain Service

Look what I found in a toilet with my SeeSnake Micro

The dreaded blue screen of death

Oh well, it's paid for itself a dozen times over in sale conversions

So, who do I talk to about getting a replacement imager head?

Thinking about splurging for the 9mm head. I need less field of view and better closeups. Is that what I get with the 9mm head?

I see Ridgid has a new version Micro SeeSnake on the market now. Model 31118. This has a 3' RCA cable output. Can I just plug that into my laptop to store images or video? I need more info on this model

Don't worry Ridgid. This head breakage incident won't remove the Explorer from the top of my Christmas list
            Attached Files