• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seasnake repairs in Melbourne Australia

Trying to get info about terminations for the seasnake
    Can we do them ourselves ?
    Is their any other service provider other than Dieset Maning

Their service is appalling and way to expensive.

Quite handy with electronics and cant believe it should cost $485

Re: Seasnake repairs in Melbourne Australia

Originally posted by Sewerat View Post

Hi sewerat, I cant help you with info on repairs to seesnake but just interested in what happened and what they want with that amount of money? Try Craig Booby the rep in melbourne for ridgid which you might have already met, but if not i can chase up his number for you.
    Keen to hear how you go

Comment

Originally posted by Sewerat View Post

I`m sorry I might be a bit slow but what do you mean by terminations for the seesnake, I have to agree with you about Dieset Manning they are amatures incorporated and the last place I would go to get service, I'd ring:-
      Chris Skrinis State Manager Victoria/Tasmania 0417344672.

Tony

Comment

I looked into doing these myself a while back and decided not to.

Reasons:

Takes TIME. I could do a couple service calls (or more).
        Isn't that expensive.
        Doesn't happen all that often (running two cameras since 1998 - have needed 3 reterms in that time)
        Probably needs a specialized tool or two and a press to get that cone-shaped piece of SS back on.
        I am lazy and would rather USE the stuff than spend too much time FIXING it.
        I have spare camera heads & cables so when something goes south, all I need to do is pull the bad one out of the reel and put the spare in. Takes a half-hour.

I use my local RIDGID dist:

http://www.boernercompany.com/home.html

and can get a reterm for under $200 USD incl. parts.

The price you're quoting, and the time it takes to do it (guessing it's LONG since you're not happy about it) might mean that they are sending it back to the US to get it done.

How much would it cost to ship a bare cable (take the camera/spring/etc. off) here to get it done? Can you weigh it and get pricing from your end?

There are reterm kits available from RIGDID:

Mini:
        Wet end (camera - black cable): 71212 ($73.10)
        Wet end (camera - red cable): 15808 ($73.50)
        Dry end (reel): 66802 ($196.35)

Std.
        Wet end (camera - black cable): 62032 ($92.30)
        Dry end (reel): 66802 ($196.35)

Prices from Northstate:

http://www.northstate.com/ridgid/en-us/dept_305.html

Everything I have bought from RIDGID comes with detailed instructions - I imagine the reterm kits do as well.

If anyone has these instructions, it would be nice if you scanned them and uploaded them so we can all see how it's done.
        Last edited by Vance G; 11-08-2008, 12:34 PM.

Comment

I'm not in Oz, but even here in the land of supposedly quick competant service I've found it advisable to stock an extra pushrod. Swap out when I have a problem and send the bad one in to get serviced or replaced. No hurry, no worry, put it back on the shelf for the next time when it comes back.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I am in Ballarat victoria and have had a few problems with sonde and camera lense breaking.
            I look forward to seeing what guys you come up with.
            Regards

Comment

Maybe I have expected to much from Dieset manning as we run tractor cameras as well which are over 200k with truck setup and we obviously need them back in service asap normally 48 hrs max.
              We originally where told it would take the same which turned out to be 9days. We had important hospital jobs being put back which had repercussions as surgery was getting postponed.
              Their poor service and lack of commitment to achieve there timeline for repair reflected badly on us and our client.
              Given the wires had broken out of the fibergalss I cant see how a spare camera head would have helped.
              If the wet kit is available I am sure we can fit it ourselves as we a kitted up for most running repairs.

As far as a spare reel we couldnt justfy that outlay wouldnt it be better if ridgid maybe had a swap out service while you waited for repair completion. Ibak and peerpoint do this with our tractor cameras

It would still be interesting to get the process posted for all to see.

Our camera has been great and only needed termination by trying to get round 1 to many tight gully traps.

Has any one tried the text editors Peter Slingers is making in Melbourne for the seasnake

Comment

Has any one tried the text editors Peter Slingers is making in Melbourne for the seasnake[/QUOTE]

My Australian mustn't be as good as yours.
                In english what does the above statement mean, could you elaborate on what you are talking about.

Simon

Comment

Text editors are a module you plug in between the reel and monitor that allows you to type text onto the screen. Such as the slide show inbuilt on the reel.
                  Instead of going through the laborious task via the reel buttons. It allows you to use a keyboard in real time to place text on the screen during the survey.
                  The advantage is the sound isnt always used by engineers and they may not know you have verbalised survey notes.
                  This way they cant be missed and it makes the survey compliant with the Sewer inpection reporting code of Australia (SIRCA)
                  Ridgid once sold these as a add on in the States but never brought the product into Australia
                  Peter Slingers from AUSCODES apparently has made a couple and wondered if anyone had tried them.

Hope that explains my post in English

Comment

Working...
                  X