Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Micro explorer inspection camera

Originally posted by cpw View Post
    Mark,

If you had to pick one size head which would it be?

I'll believe it is nowhere near the explorer, but it is also nowhere near the explorer's price.

Charles
    I'm a bad one to ask as I own both and use them as needed. I think it really is a question of what you will be using it on. If you are going down through a spark plug hole the 9.5 mm is perfect. If you are looking for a leak behind a tub from an access panel the larger head with twice the light might be better. That said I don't think either would disappoint you.

Mark

BTW: With the new style head you are getting aluminum heads instead of the plastic ones.
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 11-15-2008, 01:24 AM.
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

[QUOTE=ToUtahNow;187675]
      Originally posted by toolaholic View Post

tool,

I have to be real careful and I try to share info when I can but one of the guys I am against on a project mentioned he found info I posted on this site by using Google and a few key terms. He did not know my user name at the time but everyone knows it now.

Mark
      I kinda Guessed that ! Too bad ,You've seen it all,I suspect !
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

ive had my explorer for quite a while as well---it is an excellent tool-----i use it for finding leaks in walls or crawlspaces, heat ex's, leaks in water heaters(flue or burner chamber), looking in sewers, toilets, and helping me drill 1 small hole in a wall to follow piping------it has made my job easier and would strongly reccommend every pro get one

taking pics and video on memory are priceless
        Last edited by plumberjr; 11-15-2008, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Two people that have received the MicroExplorer for free have positive things to say about it. (Maybe I'm Jealous. )

Does anyone that actually paid for the MicroExplorer have any comments?

Just want to remove any subconscious bias.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            Toolup.com has a 10% discount on them right now.

Mark
            Thanks, ToUtahNow I found them there, just hoping Ridgid might help out too.

Comment

I'm suprised Ridgid is not working on a micro that will go around a toilet trap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats all I ask. Such a small request.

Comment

I had one at the silent auction that benefited the program I work for. the people that were "fighting" over it and out-bidding each other weren't even in the construction field! I know the winner loves it and is really just using it to play with.
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

joey, it was a micro, not an explorer.

i bid on 4 vip kings tickets for tonight.

90+ outside today

50 inside staples center tonight

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    Two people that have received the MicroExplorer for free have positive things to say about it. (Maybe I'm Jealous. )

Does anyone that actually paid for the MicroExplorer have any comments?

Just want to remove any subconscious bias.

J.C.
                    If it helps I will be buying a couple of production units as soon as they are available. In addition, everyone who saw me using the Explorer in the field has said they will be buying one including one firm looking to buy 10 of them. It really is a useful tool.

Many of the members here were able to play with an Explorer at the Roundup and I believe at the pumper show but only for a few minutes.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                      I'm suprised Ridgid is not working on a micro that will go around a toilet trap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats all I ask. Such a small request.
                      i'd be on one in a heartbeat

steve
                      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                        Originally posted by stxrus View Post
                        i'd be on one in a heartbeat

steve
                        it was mentioned at the roundup by all of us

actually greg attempted to try the micro on a toilet at ridgid, but stopped when he found out dunbar was there

we all would love a toilet camera

rick
                        phoebe it is

Comment

If I remember right Greg was using the 17mm head not the new 9mm aluminium head

I wonder if the smaller head would have made a difference

Comment

the issue is not the size of the head, but the stiffness and flexability of the push rod assy.

i've only tried it twice with no success.

i know i can get it through the toilet of a porta potty

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              the issue is not the size of the head, but the stiffness and flexability of the push rod assy.

i've only tried it twice with no success.

i know i can get it through the toilet of a porta potty

rick.

Yeah, but can you SEE anything through the "blue fluid of death"?

Comment

So, a camera that would make it through a toilet trap seems to be on everyone's wish list.

If I had the time to try it (I don't), I would attach a Mini head to the thinnest most flexible piece of 3 conductor shielded cable I could find and flush it through - like a sewer transmitter. You might need to add a little Great Stuff in strategic places to make it more bouyant. Probably should attach some small aircraft cable for strength when pulling back.

Back when I flushed a lot of sewer transmitters, I was surprised at how far you can get if you use a 5 gal bucket of water along with the flush.

You could examine things as you pull it out - you won't have much control going in.

I tried running a Mini head off of 500' of shielded Belden 3 conductor/22 ga. stranded to make a quick 'n dirty well camera - it worked fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X