how does this work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how does this work?

i was wondering with those small locators that are the size of a battery, how do you attach them to something like the rod of the ridgid 1500 ??? thanks

Re: how does this work?

Depending on what size cable you have in your k-1500 you will get an adapter that screws onto the end of the transmitter and then couples on to your cable like a drain cleaning cutter.

Comment

Originally posted by JRplumber View Post
      i was wondering with those small locators that are the size of a battery, how do you attach them to something like the rod of the ridgid 1500 ??? thanks

You need to buy a 1" 1/4 Cable adaptor Part No 19258 to connect a sonde to your K-1500 sewer cable

Tony

Comment

in the old days we used to use a roll of electrical tape to tape it abot 1' back of the cutter.

never lost one

now with cameras, i haven't used a sonde in years.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

ohh thanks guys, and i also had another question for you all. We have a 2 cameras, 1 rigid see-snake color and another camera from another company, we have 2 locators for each camera also. For the rigid we have the scout locator and for the other camera we have a locator. the camera thats not the rigid is older camera but it has a bigger cable thats very nice when you have to push over 70'( right around here is where the see-snake starts to get very hard to push). I was wondering if there was a way that we can use the rigid scout locator for both camera's because the old camera's locator is huge and the scouts nice and small. any help would be great. Thanks alot

Comment

typical sondes that locate through cast iron are 512hz. need to know what frequency the other sonde is transmitting.

old school sondes did not do cast iron. they were a different frequency.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I use 812hz and it works just fine in cast iron
              I have my sonde set-up to hook on to some 3/8 cable. I also duct tape it to my Seesnake every once in a while.
              I will be using mine tomorrow to locate a sewer for a C/O install.
              Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 11-20-2008, 07:45 PM.
              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

duct tape it heavily after the bit and youll have no problems--just have a knife ready when done, youll need it

Comment

Working...
                X