Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

video survey/inspections?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • video survey/inspections?

    does anyone here do any video survey/inspections for buyers or sellers?

    it's a niche that's untapped here and i'd like to talk to those that are doing it. if you would rather take it off line then you can either PM or E-mail me.

    i've finally got a couple of agents to entertain the idea as value added for the client, aka the buyer

    steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

  • #2
    Re: video survey/inspections?

    sounds like a good idea to me

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: video survey/inspections?

      Originally posted by stxrus View Post
      does anyone here do any video survey/inspections for buyers or sellers?

      it's a niche that's untapped here and i'd like to talk to those that are doing it. if you would rather take it off line then you can either PM or E-mail me.

      i've finally got a couple of agents to entertain the idea as value added for the client, aka the buyer

      steve
      Are you asking about inspecting a sewer line for the sale/purchase of a house?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: video survey/inspections?

        I do it once in awhile, but there is not a large demand because:
        A) Buyers are unaware of how important the sewerline condition is (out of sight, out of mind).

        and B) The cost of video-inspection seems costly to most buyers for something that is purely preventative.

        The last two buyer's agents that contacted me, asked a lot of questions but never did shedule the service.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: video survey/inspections?

          It has been my receent experience with RE Agents that with the downturn in the economy here in the US the agents are not interested in anything that may disrupt the sale...

          P.S. Real Estate Agents are the Devil!!

          Okie

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: video survey/inspections?

            Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
            It has been my receent experience with RE Agents that with the downturn in the economy here in the US the agents are not interested in anything that may disrupt the sale...


            Okie
            EXACTLY, well put. That has been my experience as well and why I haven't further pursued this market.
            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: video survey/inspections?

              I think it depends on who the RE agent is representing, they will like it for the buyer, but not for the seller. I plan on promoting inspections to all the agents up here, after I perfect my presentation of the seasnake. I think there is a market in it.
              The Other Rick

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: video survey/inspections?

                i have 1 agent that has seen the camera at work and was very impressed to the point of asking about surveys. the other is intrigued with the peospect. they both deal with moderate high end homes (1 miilion to 3 million $$) and buyers that don't want surprises.

                since most are on septic systems, and have NO idea where the tank is located, it seems like a pretty lucrative niche. it may not be weekly but i can see it as a viable cow.

                steve
                In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: video survey/inspections?

                  Originally posted by rick1643 View Post
                  I think it depends on who the RE agent is representing, they will like it for the buyer, but not for the seller. I plan on promoting inspections to all the agents up here, after I perfect my presentation of the seasnake. I think there is a market in it.
                  I disagree.
                  The buyer's agents don't want the sale to fall through either...the two agents that declined to schedule my service were representing the buyer, and they really didn't like the idea of the buyer getting scared off by what the inspection might reveal.

                  Good luck, but I don't think there is much of a market.
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: video survey/inspections?

                    Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                    I disagree.
                    The buyer's agents don't want the sale to fall through either...the two agents that declined to schedule my service were representing the buyer, and they really didn't like the idea of the buyer getting scared off by what the inspection might reveal.

                    Good luck, but I don't think there is much of a market.
                    I would think that the buyers would want to know what they are buying, and the sellers could claim a selling point on a clean system. I think it may depend on how well I present it to them. I haven't had mine as long as you have Carl, and have only done two inspections so far. The last one was yesterday. So, I'll wait till I get a little more comfortable with it and then make my pitch. As far as the market, if I do it right, I can make a market for it.
                    The Other Rick

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: video survey/inspections?

                      The last one I did was about 2 weeks ago. Foreclosed rental property and the previous tenant had to be forcibly removed by the Marshalls.

                      Potential buyer was a regular customer so we cut him a break on the cost. There were rumours that the ousted tenant had poured concrete down several drains. He cut wires, stole the stove, fridge and dishwasher on his way out.

                      No concrete but I did find a bad joint connecting PVC to cast iron. Nothing that would hold up the sale.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: video survey/inspections?

                        Originally posted by stxrus View Post
                        i have 1 agent that has seen the camera at work and was very impressed to the point of asking about surveys. the other is intrigued with the peospect. they both deal with moderate high end homes (1 miilion to 3 million $$) and buyers that don't want surprises.

                        since most are on septic systems, and have NO idea where the tank is located, it seems like a pretty lucrative niche. it may not be weekly but i can see it as a viable cow.

                        steve
                        Maybe as a selling feature you offer a service contract for a year or two. You know the condition of the system because you just looked at it on their dime. They get some peace of mind and the feeling they are walking away with something tangible instead of just a few minutes video.
                        When the contract period runs out you offer a renewal.

                        You could go a lot of ways with this. People with $3M homes want peace of mind, not surprises.

                        Just some ideas from someone who is not in the drain cleaning business, so take them for what they are worth.
                        ---------------
                        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                        ---------------
                        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                        ---------
                        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                        ---------
                        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: video survey/inspections?

                          i've done several dozen for r.e. agents/ transactions.

                          there is defiantly a market for them.

                          but here are the issues.

                          the agent always wants it done yesterday on their availability not ours

                          half the time there is no accessible c/o. remember we are going there sight unseen.

                          we have no track record of the property. the house is 50-75 years old and we have 2 hours to figure out everything that has gone wrong

                          don't get me wrong, it's a good market if you can hook up with some agents, but i prefer customers that i have a track record with or a referral from other plumbers with a track record.

                          there have been plenty that needed snaking while i was there as the camera couldn't get past the roots. but remember that it's very common to have roots in clay lines that are intact. joints are properly aligned, buy allowing roots into the cement joint.

                          remember that agents make their commission on sales, not showings. being honest is not always an advantage
                          remember i'm the one that has to answer to the jury, not them

                          rick.
                          phoebe it is

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: video survey/inspections?

                            It's the law in Sausalito Ca. All homes sold Must be camerad ,and any necessary repairs completed prior to sale. I believe You can buy a little one bedroom Rot box for about 3 Mil. in this down economy.
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: video survey/inspections?

                              Ps ,the realators name for honest write up, a deal killer! You won't be given more work!! I hate fu$$$$ realators,glad there starving
                              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X