Micro Vs. Explorer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Micro Vs. Explorer?

Thanks PC. I'm efficient (or some would say cheap) but am leaning Explorer as I know what would happen if I took a laptop with me. It would get damaged due to me hurrying up, getting clumsy, or "Murphys Law".

J.C.

Comment

Great explanation Mark.....I couldn't have answered better myself.

Brian

Comment

Re: Micro Vs. Explorer? THROW US A BONE, RIDGID

Ridgid , Take a lesson from Toyota,Take My Micro in trade , We"ll talk ! Tool
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

$230 vs. $630 plus I already bought the micro, I will be waiting till the next generation comes out and the explorer is $230 and I will get one.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

A year from now,it may get improved. Why wasn't ridgid square with us ,when this was coming our way? What do we do with the Micro,throw it away?
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              A year from now,it may get improved. Why wasn't ridgid square with us ,when this was coming our way? What do we do with the Micro,throw it away?
              Everything gets improved all the time, especially with electronics. If they didn't make something better next year; everyone would complain that they aren't listening to their customer's suggestions. Or their competition would make it better; and then we would buy it from the competition instead of RIDGID.

Also, if they tell their customer's what is coming they're telling everyone else what is coming --- so that they have a 6 month heads up that they need to make their product do X, Y, and Z.

Comment

Why buy the explorer, for big bucks now price WILL drop. Maybe explorer 2 is in the oven,
                Ridgid isn't going to tell us. That was just proven!

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  Why buy the explorer, for big bucks now price WILL drop. Maybe explorer 2 is in the oven,
                  Ridgid isn't going to tell us. That was just proven!
                  I think cpw is more on point tool. I don't know if the price is going to drop. Has the SeeSnake dropped? What competition is out there for the MicroExplorer?

The Ridgid line might go on sale or have some sort of promotion but it generally doesn't decrease from my price watching.

It goes up annually to cover there percentages just like we have too.

J.C.

Comment

Home repo may help

Comment

I’m not sure it is a matter of Ridgid being square I believe it is a matter of staying out in front of technology or being left behind. We all saw how quickly Milwaukee came out with an inspection camera to compete with Ridgid. Had Ridgid stopped with the first generation micro they would be out of the competition for future market shares. My sewer cameras and locators I use today are far superior to the ones I started out with many years ago. I purchased the new stuff because it was much improved and I can’t ever recall buying either where I didn’t recoup my money and then some in short order.

Now for the difference between the micro and the Explorer cost wise you need to think beyond the way you are conducting business today. Some of you are already using computers to generate invoices. Now imagine you have two plumbers doing a service call. The first one leaves a hand written invoice and advises there is additional work noted in a concealed location. The house wife reports the same to her husband and they question the integrity of the plumber. The second plumber identifies the problem with his Explorer and takes a photo of it with the Explorer. When printing the invoice he includes a picture of the problem area on the invoice. The house wife shares the invoice with her husband and they can see the problem because a picture of it is printed on their invoice.

You can substitute HVAC tech, auto mechanic or anything else you’d like. The truth is the company that has the best presentation is the one who will get the work. The technology is here today and the home inspectors are already using it on their reports. Just like those who felt they did not need to learn computers have been left behind, those who don’t get a head start on this new technology will ultimately be left behind.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

This is true Mark I'm just being difficult today,comes with being IRISH. ME BAD

Comment

Well for me If I need a picture I will Use a seesnake, I have the Micro as my little helper almost a toy but useful. $600 for the little guy is way too much!
                          It's hard to manage at 3 foot I have an extension then it gets real hard to move around.
                          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

If you are going to hold out for a second generation of the Explorer I think you may be waiting a long time. If you have seen one you may have noticed a large expansion slot on the back which has been added for upgrades. I was told these would be new functionality upgrades not simply a hard drive or something like that.

I would love to think we could see thermal imaging or something along those lines but then we would be in a whole new price range. I am really curious as to what they have cooking for the Explorer but if this is the base unit I would think these will be the standard for 3-5 years at least.
                            Jay
                            Ohio Power Tool - Ridgid
                            Coptool - Power Tool Blog

Comment

Just a footnote to the thread. One of my local supply houses has a price on a MicroExplorer as good as ANY internet retailer. If you need one, check some of the places near you.

When you can, support local. If you think about it-they support you.

J.C.
                              Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 12-10-2008, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X