Missing Trim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Trim

Was on a job today when the supplied trim came up missing. Told the contractor the last I saw it was under the Garden Tub. The homeowners had the tile guy tile everything. Even the front apron. I hate when they do this as we all know that a valve or drain will need something at some time. Anyway....

The contractor says, "How do we know if I should cut something open or not?" I tell him I have something that might help us to know what to do. So we go underneath and drill a 1" hole in under the tub while making sure not to hit anything important. I put my Micro in and give a look around. I didn't take the time to get what I think are good pictures-so they're not that good in my opinion. No time. Had two more places to go. I just needed confirmation.

This is what I saw.

J.C.
    Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 01-18-2010, 10:43 PM.

Re: Missing Trim

A $2 dollar hammer would have told you the same thing

Nice find JC

Explorer already paying for itself

Comment

Yes. That's about $500.00 in trim pieces if I recall.

J.C.

Comment

Things can get ugly when I start missing trim

Comment

What moron would tile around the trim materials? Idiots...thats who.

Comment

Just another GENERAL,TILE CONTRACTOR,HOMEOWNER that telling others they know what they're doing.
            Why?

No wonder my first impression of anyone is so low.
            I used to give others way more credit.Too many brainless bozo's since have made me turn.

Comment

Nice job JC. Not only did you find the trim but you also documented the find to show the tile guy what he did.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                Was on a job today when the supplied trim came up missing. Told the contractor the last I saw it was under the Garden Tub. The homeowners had the tile guy tile everything. Even the front apron. I hate when they do this as we all know that a valve or drain will need something at some time. Anyway....

The contractor says, "How do we know if I should cut something open or not?" I tell him I have something that might help us to know what to do. So we go underneath and drill a 1" hole in under the tub while making sure not to hit anything important. I put my Micro in and give a look around. I didn't take the time to get what I think are good pictures-so they're not that good in my opinion. No time. Had two more places to go. I just needed confirmation.

This is what I saw.

J.C.
                Wow ,I'm impressed! Very clever. Customer should be billed for camera use!
                Take it out of the tile idiots check!
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                X