X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tool

I just purchased a Scout , Sonde, and cable adapters It is scheduled to be delivered Wednesday.

It's like christmas!!!

Since I have never used a locator (unless witching sticks count) I'm trusting Mark, Rick and the rest of the boards opinions on this purchase..

Okie

Re: New Tool

The Scout is great. Super-easy to use, and very, very accurate. You'll love it.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Congratulation, it looks like your sports-digging days are over.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
        I just purchased a Scout , Sonde, and cable adapters It is scheduled to be delivered Wednesday.
        an excellent choice.

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

The scout will serve you well. Its has always been right on and its easy to use. Good choice.

Comment

I have to say thank you to all of you who sing the praises of the Scout!!!

I had my first drain locate today... I had no clue where this line was comming out at... What a great test!

I followed the instructions (watched the DVD) and got after it...

Once I got the sonde dialed in I got a depth of 2' 4" and started digging at 2' 2" (4 inch pipe)the shovel gave a thud Got it!!!

I proceeded to cut in the clean-out, in and out in 3 hours! The customer was impressed with the technology as well and was happy to pay the $30 electronic locate fee

What a great product!

Okie

Comment

$30 for an electronic locate? Wow, that is a super deal you gave them.

Comment

My area is pretty, what is the right word...cheap...lol

Not really but this was a recall on a sewer from last week and I was tired of pulling the toilet ( That and the fact that I will not run my K-60 indoors and the roof was a no go due to pitch)...

Come to find out the customer has been flushing "G diapers"

" The package says they are flushable"

3 Hours: sewer locate , Place clean-out, Clear G diaper blockage

$310 total ( I was soft on the bill since it was a recall...lol)

Okie

Comment

Gotta love them g-diapers. I can't wait till I see some. I hope everyone starts using them in my town.

Comment

OkieBill, where did you get the Scout and stuff, online or locally? How much did it run you if you don't mind me asking? I am looking at getting the same setup. I have been hesitating because I have got by without it so far, but I feel it is something I should have on the truck.

Comment

Toolup.com ( They have great service)

The total ended up just under $1700

2 cable adapters ( I was shocked at the cost of these)
                      1 sonde
                      1 locator

I consider this equipment to be money well spent... Though I did not need it for almost a year when I did need it there was not way around not having it short of digging the grand canyon ( this sewer exited the house 30" below finished floor)...

Okie

Comment

Thanks for the info. I thought you were going to say Toolup.com. I've bought most of my Ridgid drain cleaning tools from them. They always seem to have the best prices, and because their warehouse is only an hour away from me, I usually get my stuff in one or two days.

When you say the sewer line exited the house 30" below finished floor, are you talking about below a basement floor?

Comment

Thanks for the info Bill.

J.C.

Comment

No basement... House is on slab... I can't see why they went as deep as they did

This house and the house next to it were the first houses in this particular addition and they appear to have been built by Larry, Moe and Curley

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                              My area is pretty, what is the right word...cheap...lol

Not really but this was a recall on a sewer from last week and I was tired of pulling the toilet ( That and the fact that I will not run my K-60 indoors and the roof was a no go due to pitch)...

Come to find out the customer has been flushing "G diapers"

" The package says they are flushable"

3 Hours: sewer locate , Place clean-out, Clear G diaper blockage

$310 total ( I was soft on the bill since it was a recall...lol)

Okie
                              We get $350 for a hand dug C/O and $500 to $600 for one we have to use the excavator on.
                              The locate is $50.00 + the sewer cleaning at $70 an hour.
                              and we work in cheap`vill!
                              You gave em a deal for sure
                              I`m glad you dont work around here

It`s not your fault that they didn`t have a C/O so you could have done the job right the first time
                              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X