X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody heard of Insight Vision?

I am looking into getting a camera for the first time for my startup plumbing business. I have rented seesnakes before but have not had much luck with them because they seem to break down on me. Maybe I am just bad luck!

Looking around on the internet I found Insight Vision. Seems like they have some good equipment.

Anybody had any dealings with their stuff? I need to buy soon.

Thanks

Re: Anybody heard of Insight Vision?

Nice sales pitch! LOL!

No, they are new to me...

Comment

If you are in the market for a new camera you should attend the pumper show you will find at least a dozen different cameras there.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
        Nice sales pitch! LOL!

No, they are new to me...
        -Maybe they will give me a job! No everytime I have rented a seesnake myself or one of my guys (all 2 of them) seem to do something stupid and it stops working. Probly cause I dont use these things enough to know what they can and cant do.

Comment

I saw one demonstrated at the 2005 pumper/cleaner show. It looked very high quality and was quite expensive too. Based on what I saw, I would recommend their cameras. I own a seesnake because of the customer support. But the InsightVision cameras look to be just as good.
          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I suspect that rental units are subjected to a higher than average amount of wear and tear because folks aren't familiar with this type of equipment.

When you purchase your SeeSnake you'll get a printed operator's manual and user video. These will help you understand your equipment's capabilities and limitations so you can help it live a long and productive life.

Comment

in the 12-13 years i've owned seesnakes. i only screwed it up 1 time

i guess i shouldn't had the jetter inches from the camera lens

i can tell you this. i've bought other cameras and they all sit at my shop because they suck

the seesnakes are designed to get the job done.

i suggest you go online here and pull up the owners manual.

i doubt you'll find a camera as well built as the ridgid units.

plus josh has his reputation on it now

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                in the 12-13 years i've owned seesnakes. i only screwed it up 1 time
                I have only used a few cameras over the years besides Seesnakes, and now that I think of it, the other cameras had problems, but I can never remember having a problem with a seesnake. They were always reliable.
                I think most camera problems are caused by misuse/abuse. I have seen young, green guys jamming the camera push-rod into a pipe so violently, it is a wonder that it doesn't snap!
                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I have used the Gen-Eye brand. Seemed good, broke a lot...but i think the other tech was breaking clogs with it! The locator on the other hand...was impossible to use.

Comment

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...insight+vision
                    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

I am soooo happy I made the decision to go with the SeeSnake DVD. Trust me...this is the route you want to go.

With Josh at the helm for the camera division, I feel better than ever about my choice.

Customer service is the name of the game with Ridgid. There is no other company out there that has the durability of a SeeSnake. I have used most of them or demoed them.

I even sold a competitors camera for a period of time and it troubled me every time once I realized how many problems it had.

By the way....you cant judge a sewer camera based on a rental units performance. For all you know those things could have fallen off a truck or been exposed to things it is not meant to be.

Keep in mind, this is a high tech piece of electronics that you shove down a sewer! It can fail if it is not well maintained or used by a novice.
                      www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

When I sold my business the SeeSnakes went with the business. Soon after I hired a couple of companies who were using non-SeeSnake equipment and the results were terrible at best. Often when I am doing litigation work I only get one bite at the apple and I took my bite using companies who owned garbage cameras. Shorty after I purchased a SeeSnake Mini, a Self Leveler, 2-Monitors and a Navitrack locator and I've never looked back.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by KaneMarine View Post
                          -Maybe they will give me a job! No everytime I have rented a seesnake myself or one of my guys (all 2 of them) seem to do something stupid and it stops working. Probly cause I dont use these things enough to know what they can and cant do.
                          You admit to operator error or at least an unfamiliarity with the
                          equipment and then equate that with poor quality equipment,
                          then have the nerve to come here and ask if the competitors
                          equipment is better.

Wow, nothing like stacking the deck against yourself.
                          ---------------
                          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                          ---------------
                          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                          ---------
                          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                          ---------
                          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X