X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Camera Setup Positioning

There is no right answer for this one cause it seems like folks all set up their systems in the field a bit different.

out of curiosity.. how do you usually set up your monitor in respect to your reel when doing a job?

I recently watched one guy doing an inspection and he sets his monitor up right next to the reel with the cable feeding out toward himself into the drain.

So where do you usually set up your monitor?

Josh

Re: Your Camera Setup Positioning

Originally posted by Josh View Post
    There is no right answer for this one cause it seems like folks all set up their systems in the field a bit different.

out of curiosity.. how do you usually set up your monitor in respect to your reel when doing a job?

I recently watched one guy doing an inspection and he sets his monitor up right next to the reel with the cable feeding out toward himself into the drain.

So where do you usually set up your monitor?

Josh
    i too like my monitor and tv within arms reach

if there is plenty of room i like to face the c/o in the direction of the run so that it's always heads up.

sort of like a gps. i like to see the same direction as the line. backwards is confusing.

if there is no room and i'm cramped, i still like the monitor close and the camera reel can sith further away. once i zero out the footage,it doesn't matter

i was thinking of getting those virtual reality glasses that have 2 screens in the lenses. but i passed, looked too nerdish

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Since I am right-handed, reel to the left, monitor + head end electronics to the right, point of entry between. Monitor + case facing away from sun toward operator when outside so case lid shades display.

Note that the above only applies for "best case" conditions - flat surface or roof - nothing restricting movement for 5' radius around work area.

Which means I get set up like that about 70% of the time - the rest of the time SOMETHING screws with me. If there's poop everywhere, you do what's necessary.

I imagine if you're left-handed, everything will be a mirror image of what I said.

Comment

Never a cleanout to be found here so all entries are made through the basement toilet. Laptop standing up on wall behind toilet. Camera reel behind me while I pull the cable over my shoulder and down into closet bend.

Comment

That would be an interesting picture. You can clean the sludge off on your shoulder before it goes back into the reel ;-)

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          Never a cleanout to be found here so all entries are made through the basement toilet. Laptop standing up on wall behind toilet. Camera reel behind me while I pull the cable over my shoulder and down into closet bend.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
            That would be an interesting picture. You can clean the sludge off on your shoulder before it goes back into the reel ;-)
            Works for me but Anita does this when doing my laundry

Comment

Well, you know how i set up mine , josh!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X