X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 325' Std. clears a lateral

80' lateral in a cul-de-sac full of rocks (landscape river cobbles).

Main line cable with cutters just bounces over them and does nothing.

SeeSnake Std. called in to see what's going on...started pushing them one at a time out to the MH (City of Phoenix WW guy on hand and opened MH).

Taking too long so put centering rings on camera and pushed about 10 - 15 out all at once with hose running into c/o at same time.

Foto of rox at bottom of MH. Sorry about the mediocre image - the batteries in my Nikon were dead and I had to use the visual image side of my FLIR T360 infrared camera.

Now he just needs to fix the 30' piece of trapped-out line...
    Attached Files

Re: 325' Std. clears a lateral

Is your warranty still valid? LOL...

Comment

Which neighbor is crapping out river stones?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
        Is your warranty still valid? LOL...

Heck, my warranty ran out years ago...both my cams were bought in '98...

I probably voided it the first time I inspected elevator hydraulic lines anyway.

But it actually wasn't hard to move the rocks with the water from the hose helping - I was surprised.

The City will be back with the Vactor to get the rockpile outta the MH next week.

Comment

What the rockpile looked like from "behind the lens"...
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Vance G View Post
            Heck, my warranty ran out years ago...both my cams were bought in '98...

I probably voided it the first time I inspected elevator hydraulic lines anyway.

But it actually wasn't hard to move the rocks with the water from the hose helping - I was surprised.

The City will be back with the Vactor to get the rock pile outta the MH next week.
            Very clever, on the Hydro. lines. I have a feeling You have more to share on unusual
            camera uses! Looking forward to more CLEVER fixes.
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Yeh I will pretty much put the camera into anything if it will solve a problem...

My criteria generally are:

Will it fit
              Will it have a high probability of getting stuck
              Will anything in the pipe with the camera get damaged (as in if you are running a conduit with fiber optic already in there)
              Will fluids in the pipe damage the camera (as in the hydraulic fluid destoying rubber parts such as O-rings)
              Will it contaminate something (as in using it in a domestic water line - needs to be disinfected with Clorox solution and pressure washed before use)
              Will the problem likely be resolved by putting my a$$ on the line IF any or all of the above are iffy...

I have inspected elevator lines 3 times (I think). Kevlar (push cable jacketing) is OK with hydraulic. I rolled the dice on the camera head - after closely inspecting the transmitter & other stuff there, decided none of it is encased in rubber (looks like vinyl) and that O-rings used to waterproof camera would not contact hydraulic fluid. Also hoped that O-rings are neoprene which is more OK with hydraulic than rubber would be.

Last time was mid-July '08 at the gigantic Bass Pro sport store here in Mesa. One of their passenger elevators had such a large leak it would not even go up.

I ran the 3" steel line from the machinery to the ram pit. Got through 2 90's on the way - this is special "high pressure" threaded pipe that uses fittings that are partly machined on the inside, so while they weren't swept like a sewer, I managed to get through 2 of them near the beginning.

Turned out the leak was at the ram itself, not in the line. After I didn't find anything, they valved the ram off and pressure tested it. Wouldn't even pump up.

Attached: what a threaded coupling and a 90 looked like.

I currently have records of 1600 +/- video inspections of various stuff since '98.
              Attached Files

Comment

Great pics Vance!

Comment

Originally posted by Vance G View Post
                  What the rockpile looked like from "behind the lens"...
                  You sure thats no the camera that scoped your kidney stones?

Comment

Very impressive stuff
                    West Trail Mechanical Ltd
                    Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                      You sure thats no the camera that scoped your kidney stones?

If you've ever passed a kidney stone, you would swear that they FELT that big.

I've now had two - one on each side.

Women I know who have had them AND had kids say that the kidney stone hurt more...

I believe it.

Comment

Vance,You bring a lot to this table! Hope You'll be a regular .
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                        X