X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminating see snake wet end

Does anyone have any service info for terminating the large camera reel see snake wet end. Have the replacement kit just need a service manual to do it correctly. (this is well within my capabililities as an industrial electrician and gas fitter).

thx
    Lambeater

Re: Terminating see snake wet end

I know of a guy that sells re term kits for a General gen eye 2. Same exact thing as the gator cam 2 but different colors. He was referred to me by Gator cam rep. Not sure if he has anything to do with Ridgid stuff.
    He's in Canada. I'll hunt for his info and post when I find it.
    According to him re term is not that difficult and his kits come with full instructions.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Lambeater View Post
      Does anyone have any service info for terminating the large camera reel see snake wet end. Have the replacement kit just need a service manual to do it correctly. (this is well within my capabililities as an industrial electrician and gas fitter).

thx
      Lambeater
      from what i know, it takes special proprietary tools to do the crimping and then the water testing requires a special jig to pressure test it.

probably not worth the risk for 1 job. take it to your local authorized repair shop and let them do it. a couple hundred dollars is cheaper than a new camera head if it leaks.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Confirmed. Re terminating is not an easy procedure and it does take special tools.

Josh

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        from what i know, it takes special proprietary tools to do the crimping and then the water testing requires a special jig to pressure test it.

probably not worth the risk for 1 job. take it to your local authorized repair shop and let them do it. a couple hundred dollars is cheaper than a new camera head if it leaks.

rick.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
          Confirmed. Re terminating is not an easy procedure and it does take special tools.

Josh

Hmm....I wonder...

Why do they allow us to even buy the reterm kit?

Doesn't make sense...

The camera head is sealed separately from the cable - it's water in the pushrod core where the individual conductors are that you are trying to avoid.

However, my local dist. retermed a Mini cable for me a few years ago and warned me it had gotten wet inside and that I need to be aware of that.

Still going strong with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
            You may be right Rick to a point, but unless Ridgid tech support supplies the service info to ensure that it is done correctly and with the right tools we will never know. The sad thing is for the small amount of times that we have had to send our equipment away to be repaired we have always been without it for at least a month. The other 95% of the time I have repaired it (yes I do have extensive equipment repair experience).
            We also have a large Ridgid equipment inventory. (3 large color camera's and reels, 1 color mini cam, 1 navi trak, a scout, 1 m-scope locator, many ridgid drain cleaners, a ridgid jetter etc and the list goes on).

thx
            Lambeater

Comment

Working...
            X