X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert b/w seesnake to color?

If you were to take a b/w mini reel, and swap the camera head out for a color one, would you now have a mini color reel?

If your monitor is b/w, is the analog video out b/w as well even with a color camera?
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: Convert b/w seesnake to color?

i would say no but possibly. depending on pin outs between head and cable for the 1st answer and yes for the 2nd.

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
      If you were to take a b/w mini reel, and swap the camera head out for a color one, would you now have a mini color reel?

If your monitor is b/w, is the analog video out b/w as well even with a color camera?
      Yep. That should work. Camera head pinouts and power supply requirements are the same. Be aware that you'll need a new camera spring - the color head is .2" larger in diameter. The color spring is flared slightly at the camera head end. It won't fit correctly in the B/W spring and might pop out while in the line (yikes!).

I think if you feed a color composite video signal (say, from a camcorder you have laying around) into your monitor, you might find that it is actually a color monitor. Unless it's one of the very early tube-type that Ridgid sold.

If you supply color video to a B/W monitor, the video out jack should just route it through - if it was color going in, it'll be color coming out.

Comment

Check out what happened to me when I bought my seesnake at this thread. It will answer your 1st question.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22497

They just had to change the camera head.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Thanks...

Yeah, I know a b/w head works on a color reel, just I've never had a b/w reel and didn't know if it worked the other way, or if there was something different in the reel other than the camera.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Wait!....so I don't have to buy a whole new setup to get a color camera?

All I need is a new color head and have it reterminated onto my b/w reel?...interesting

Can someone at Ridgid confirm this?

Comment

i don't see it being an issue as the push rod supplies power, +,-, and coaxial. as far as the spring goes, that's something that might need to be replaced too

bill, a new color camera head alone is $$$.

you would be better off buying a complete camera as a backup.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Rick is right. You can upgrade a B+W to color. One thing to remember though. The spring housing is slightly smaller on the B+W heads. so its not as easy as just swapping straight up. Generally most folks will end up buying a new real because the cost of converting is pretty steap. Its usually better to buy a new real and so you then have a backup.

Josh

Comment

Northstate has the color Mini head (RG14083)for $US1,675.21. I can't find the color spring, though.

Every time I buy a new 200' Mini cable, I get a spring for B/W and another for color, so I know they exist. Try Central Oklahoma Winnelson.

Comment

Working...
                  X