Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Micro Explorer question

Thanks CPW,
    I ask because i have a guy thats getting desperate with a indoor swimming pool line. I haven't checked it out yet but I'm pretty sure my camera head is too big.

Am I right in thinking, even in a pipe an Explorer would not make 30' due to is lack of flexibility?
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Not if your navigating turns. Anyone have an experience pushing the micro cable out past 10 ft?

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
      Thanks CPW,
      I ask because i have a guy thats getting desperate with a indoor swimming pool line. I haven't checked it out yet but I'm pretty sure my camera head is too big.

Am I right in thinking, even in a pipe an Explorer would not make 30' due to is lack of flexibility?

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
        Thanks CPW,

Not only that, but those are water fittings out there, not sweeps. Makes it even worse.

I can get a Mini B/W through one 2" PVC water 90 if it's not too far in, but no more than that...and it's really scary trying to get it back...

Comment

That was my biggest concern, getting it back.
          I'm going to check it out at some point but the guy knows not to expect much due to the size of pipe and turns. The guy suspects it my be some sort of flex pipe underground (1970's), that may help or hinder. I would think that would make it an even smaller I.D.. Believe it or not, we don't have many pools here in Maine
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
            So heres the story on the extensions.

The newer Extensions will work with both the microEXPLORER and the SeeSnake micro. The newer extensions have 9 wires inside to carry all the additional information and controls of the EXPLOERER. The original micro only uses 5 of the wires so the old extension only had those 5 pins live in the extensions. So heres a little chart.

------------------------Old Extension (5 wire) ----New Extensions (9 wire)
            SeeSnake micro ------------Yes -------------------------- Yes
            micro EXPLORER ------------No ---------------------------Yes
            With my extention installed my Explorer says this when I turn it on:
            ERROR [2] When entering playback mode

There are no number on my extension to identify it other than 7A at the connector end. So do the old and new extensions look identical? Meaning, all have 9 pins but only 5 are live on the old version?

Mine is a 9 pin. but doesn't work in the Explorer. The extension does however work with the imaging head from my Micro but without self leveling feature.

When can I start plugging stuff into my expansion ports?

Comment

Your extension is a 5 wire. The EXPLORER head needs all 9 wires thats why you get an error with that head using the old extensions.

Josh

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
              With my extention installed my Explorer says this when I turn it on:
              ERROR [2] When entering playback mode

There are no number on my extension to identify it other than 7A at the connector end. So do the old and new extensions look identical? Meaning, all have 9 pins but only 5 are live on the old version?

Mine is a 9 pin. but doesn't work in the Explorer. The extension does however work with the imaging head from my Micro but without self leveling feature.

When can I start plugging stuff into my expansion ports?

Comment

can purchase one at the roundup ?
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

We looked for a Ridgid Factory Outlet Center at last years Roundup. None found

Comment

Working...
                  X