X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro Explorer question

I am going to buy a Micro Explorer this weekend. Will my extensions from my Micro work with the Explorer or does it take a different type?

Re: Micro Explorer question

Originally posted by Nevada plumber View Post
    I am going to buy a Micro Explorer this weekend. Will my extensions from my Micro work with the Explorer or does it take a different type?
    Yes it should all fit.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Well, my microExplorer arrived today. It is a great improvement over the old micro.

A heads up to anyone who is going to upgrade from a micro SeeSnake. If you have extensions for your old micro SeeSnake, they will not work with the new microExplorer unless they are model #31128 or #31133.

Does anyone know why Ridgid changed the extensions? The old ones fit in the Explorer, they just don't work. It seems like a way to get additional money on the accessories.

Comment

So is the mircro explorer definitely worth the extra $500 instead of the seesnake micro? How much did you spend on the micro and how many extensions did you buy?

thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Nevada plumber View Post
            Well, my microExplorer arrived today. It is a great improvement over the old micro.

A heads up to anyone who is going to upgrade from a micro SeeSnake. If you have extensions for your old micro SeeSnake, they will not work with the new microExplorer unless they are model #31128 or #31133.

Does anyone know why Ridgid changed the extensions? The old ones fit in the Explorer, they just don't work. It seems like a way to get additional money on the accessories.
            That's too bad I asked as well and was told they are interchangeable (hence my answer). I have two extensions and just assumed they worked based on what I was told. Looks like I have some homework to do.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by jullom View Post
              So is the mircro explorer definitely worth the extra $500 instead of the seesnake micro? How much did you spend on the micro and how many extensions did you buy?

thanks,
              The difference in build quality is the first thing you notice. I have 4-micros and have not touched them since I got my Explorers. The micro to me is a handyman or DIY quality build where the Explorer is a professional build. Then take into consideration the things the Explorer will do over the micro and it is a easy choice for a pro.

Mark

Comment

With extensions, whats the longest reach of the Explorer?
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

30'.

J.C.

Comment

I'm guess you would have to be real selective as to what you are using it for. Even with a 3' extension it's tough to control it in an open environment.

Mark

Comment

I'm not sure how the new cables work with the older machines but the old cables don't work with newer ones but to my knowledge that is the way it is...
                      Jay
                      Ohio Power Tool - Ridgid
                      Coptool - Power Tool Blog

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                        30'.

J.C.
                        Is that suppose to be 30" inches or is it actually 30' feet?
                        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                          Is that suppose to be 30" inches or is it actually 30' feet?
                          Really 30 feet; but it doesn't seem that it is practical for most uses.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                            Really 30 feet; but it doesn't seem that it is practical for most uses.
                            Think more on the lines of inspecting inside a pipe or small duct. Possible even down inside of a tank or well where you are dropping straight sown.

Mark

Comment

So heres the story on the extensions.

The newer Extensions will work with both the microEXPLORER and the SeeSnake micro. The newer extensions have 9 wires inside to carry all the additional information and controls of the EXPLOERER. The original micro only uses 5 of the wires so the old extension only had those 5 pins live in the extensions. So heres a little chart.

------------------------Old Extension (5 wire) ----New Extensions (9 wire)
                              SeeSnake micro ------------Yes -------------------------- Yes
                              micro EXPLORER ------------No ---------------------------Yes

Comment

Working...
                              X