X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy camera technology

So we are going to be purchasing a crawler camera at the pumper show and I have been doing a lot of investigation into these things to be prepared for the salesmen that will be all over us.

In my investigation i ran across this crazy thing. This is the future of mainline video inspection. No need for pan, tilt or zoom. Just drive at 70 ft. per minute down the line without stopping.

Watch the videos at the bottom of the page and then give me a guess what you think the thing cost. We called to find out just for the hell of it.

http://www.rapidview.com/panoramo.htm
    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Re: Crazy camera technology

??????????????

Do I understand this right?

you just let this thing haul *** down the line one time and its so insane smart it sees everthing and reconstructs the pipe and you can can just drive around and look at it to your hearts content later? How cool is that?
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I looked at them too awhile back JR. Amazing. And amazing $$$$ to go with it.

J.C.

Comment

ok, with the truck it drives around in and all the gee whiz 'puters to make it go, etc, my guess is $200K How far off am I?
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Way off.

I'm guessing $500,000.

Hey josh,
          You guys should incorporate some of the reporting software that the main line crawlers have, into your cameras. That Way one could just hook a printer up to the monitor and print a detailed report much like the main line crawlers but for residential.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Yep... I agree.

Comment

You are really close Alex!

It starts out at $250k for a basic unit without a truck.

Its crazy.

We are looking at a similar system that is far cheaper. It is called DigiSewer made by Envirosight. The camera head alone is right around $65k, plus we still have to buy the crawler, software and all the hardware needed. It will total around $140k if we go that route.

http://www.envirosight.com/resources..._ID=pushcamera

It will depend on if we land a certain cleaning and televising job we are bidding on. Several miles of pipe ranging from 8" to 54". We are also looking at combo trucks at the show.

Comment

Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post
                It will depend on if we land a certain cleaning and televising job we are bidding on. Several miles of pipe ranging from 8" to 54". We are also looking at combo trucks at the show.
                Don't you guys already have a combo truck, or am I remembering wrong?
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

No combo truck yet. Just a big jetter. Been using debris catchers and the trailer jetter. We now have a demand for a vac so thats what we are going to do.

Comment

Oh yeah thats right, now I remember the pics from last year.
                    So I take it the jetter with debris catchers has worked pretty good as far as "getting your foot in the door" and getting the word out? You haven't even had the jetter a year yet (right?) and your already to make the move to a combo.

I want a combo but thats a lot of $$$$$$ to sit on waiting for the word to spread (chicken before the egg thing). I think a big boy jetter would be a safer start.

Comment

The jetter has been a huge aid in getting in with all of the local municipal accounts. Whats more, is the times we have rented a crawler for them to inspect for problems and being able to patch problem areas.

Word spreads fast around small municipal accounts. It is our bread and butter so far.

Comment

check this one out... much cheaper but it may not be enough camera for you. I've not used one; this was one I'd picked out to rent/option when I had a bid on a bunch of 8" tv work.

http://www.ariesindustries.com/navig...asp?location=6

Comment

Working...
                        X