X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCDPak Video

Posted up an early video of the LCDPak monitor in case you wanted to see some of the new features and how the lighting up the line works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAyYxkJ1dyM

Re: LCDPak Video

Need to add a line transmitter for the sonde?

No microphone?

No audio out for a outside dvd recorder?

Seems like the technology is going backwards.

When will we get a lcd with hard drive and usb port, with microphone and audio/video out to add a outside dvd recorder.

Cant have it all I guess.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

my $500 xbox 360 elite has a 120 GB hard drive, usb, dvd player, and video/audio out

my $3700.00 ridgid color monitor has a vcr

Lenny

Comment

Your thoughts on the comments Josh?

Comment

Oh I see, you can locate the sonde only or add a line transmitter to locate the push rod. thats a cool feature.

What's up with the microphone though? and audio out?

or am i missing that?

Whats the price for this unit?

Lenny

Comment

I've had my camera for a month, used it twice. Works great.

But the monitor / vcr weighs a ton and is awkward to handle.

The more I watch this video the more I'm thinking this lcdpak would be real nice to have for the light weight with my sony dvddirect added.

I may be willing to sacrifice the microphone. I'm just thinking the customers who actually watch the video would like the narration.

Anybody want to buy a "like new" color vcr/monitor used only twice?

Lenny

Comment

I like it... I think deliberately NOT including a recording feature is an elegant way around selecting from the morass of various devices and formats out there right now, any of which will be defunct in a few years. Here's your unit, plug the video out into whatever your preferred recording device is and don't cry to us when that device is obsolete.

I think the the terminal for the transmitter to light up the pushrod is great... one of those ideas that is so obvious it's bizzare no one thought of it sooner. And it's nice as just having that terminal would push me to buy the transmitter for it.... no more walking back and forth and pushing 5 more feet at a time to trace out a line.

I agree with a previous comment, I think from Vance G, that those chicklet pushbuttons are cheesy and don't last. I hope you can pop a new faceplate with all new ones on easily.

The battery power is nice. Is there a car charger for those batts? I'd like that if a batt goes south you can have a second in the van charging up. I also like that they are readily avail when they die altogether.

Standing offer: a used color video tool case in good condition for one of these.

Are they available yet? Got a price yet?
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

With as many of us who have ToolCase monitors I am surprised they stopped making them. I am looking forward to the new monitor and to see what type of plug ins will be available.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Sonde control is still built in. Tracing the entire line is new and can be lit up at whatever frequency your transmitter handles (requires transmitter)

Never has been audio out on our monitors.

Think of this monitor as a solid view only for those who dont need recording and a platform for future recording addons

Josh

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                  Need to add a line transmitter for the sonde?

No microphone?

No audio out for a outside dvd recorder?

Seems like the technology is going backwards.

When will we get a lcd with hard drive and usb port, with microphone and audio/video out to add a outside dvd recorder.

Cant have it all I guess.

Comment

i like the zero feature that allows the total fottage and the memory marks.

also like the dual batteries. along with the line trace abilities.

the microphone is missing since the unit is missing any recording devices.

what would be needed is a pre amp or a mic with a pre amp to line level.

whatever you use for recording, you can plug in a rca type audio cable with the amped mic. worked for me back in the days of pre ridgid

i still like the toolcase monitor for the all in 1 features.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

I'm convinced.

any idea on price for this model?

Online vendors don't seem to have them yet. That I can find, anyway.
                      Last edited by HebertDrainCare; 02-12-2009, 12:58 AM.

Lenny

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                        Never has been audio out on our monitors.
                        Josh

Say what? I've got three with something that puts audio out thru a din plug?
                        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Our monitors? shame on me for not knowing we had audio out on older models. I need to bone up on my older monitor features. Been to focused on the new roadmap.

Still learning

Josh

Comment

Working...
                          X