X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can the sonde get wet?

I just purchased a scout with the battery powered sonde. Can the sonde transmitter get wet? How much of a beating do they take?

Re: can the sonde get wet?

it better be

here is the write up from the product page.

Can be attached to a drain cleaning cable or a water jet hose to locate the Remote Transmitter in a line.Flashing LED indicates that sonde is transmitting.

rick.

p.s. the scout is a great locator for sondes and cameras.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I designed a 1/4" adaptor for the Ridgid battery sonde because we needed something more secure to attach the battery sonde to a jet hose with than duct tape! It can be screwed on or quick connected then jetted down the drain with 6 rear thrusting jets. Our tests have shown that the Sonde will take a beating in the drain. When you have finished with it, dry it out, reverse the battery and screw it back onto the adaptor.

Main advantage: If you want to locate a collapsed pipe without risking/using your camera, or the run is over the length of your camera, say 120m (400') the Ridgid Battery Sonde will jet straight down to the problem area so it can be located using a 512 hz locater. We also use and recommed the Scout locater. See a picture of it at:

http://www.thejettersedge.com.au/com...art/Itemid,45/
      Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Have you been able to determine how deep it can be located from?

Comment

my deepest reading was 11'2" and when i dug up the sewer it was right on!

Comment

Our deepest reading to date was 8'.
            Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X