Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought the 200 Color full Size today!!!

I bit the bullet today and bought the 200 color full size, and have on order the new LCD monitor as well as the navitrack 2, The scout's screen was a bit to small for my eyes, plus once I purchace a transmitter I will be looking at the screen more.

The counter on my reel is a countIR Version 2, I beleive that counter has been updated, the rep that showed me his reel the other day and Iam sure it had more buttons, also it broke the footage into inch's too. Anybody know anything?

also does any one use the roller dolly? I have never seen this item before?

anyhow I 'm sure I will have lots of questions to ask!!!
    Thanks Guys

Re: Bought the 200 Color full Size today!!!

Originally posted by British Plumber View Post
    I bit the bullet today and bought the 200 color full size, and have on order the new LCD monitor as well as the navitrack 2, The scout's screen was a bit to small for my eyes, plus once I purchace a transmitter I will be looking at the screen more.

The counter on my reel is a countIR Version 2, I beleive that counter has been updated, the rep that showed me his reel the other day and Iam sure it had more buttons, also it broke the footage into inch's too. Anybody know anything?

also does any one use the roller dolly? I have never seen this item before?

anyhow I 'm sure I will have lots of questions to ask!!!
    Thanks Guys
    You made the right choice buying the seesnake plus, but i have the scout as it dose all I want it to and the screen is large enough for me, the roller dolly is for the larger sewerage pipes 150mm (6") and up but I didn`t have much success with it as the camera started to climb the pipe as I pushed it along the pipe.

Tony

Comment

you will be glad you bought the big boy!
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by British Plumber View Post
        You are correct, the newest footage counter is called the CountPlus. It has more buttons, which makes it easier to navigate menus and enter/display text, and the distance count is more granular.

In terms of accuracy, both are great. You can always upgrade to the CountPlus later if you need to.

Comment

I have always heard that the ridgid camera was the best, but I could never talk myself into paying that much for one. However, I just bought the scout locator on ebay from all star sewer equipment and it is 100% better than the gen eye locator I had been using. I'll keep watching the blogs and I want to hear all the good feed back about the ridgid camera system. Is it really that much better than the gen eye 2 I am using. It seems like between the gen eye and the spartan camera i have i just dump more and more money into them on repairs. If the Ridgid is going to be the same i just dont want to put that much into a camera system, but I am sick of repairing my cameras.

Comment

We have several 5 watt brick transmitters and use them all the time for locating underground services with the scout. We had to core for a new slab last week and we located all the services by inducing a signal through the ground as we had no direct connection points. Great!
            Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X