X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color camera is it worth it from sce?

Looking into a camera from south coast equiptment. Color monitor. Has stiff push sewer cable, sapphire lense, one year warranty. Any suggestions. It does not come with locator or sonde. Retails for just under $1000

Re: Color camera is it worth it from sce?

Originally posted by libertysewer View Post
    Looking into a camera from south coast equiptment. Color monitor. Has stiff push sewer cable, sapphire lense, one year warranty. Any suggestions. It does not come with locator or sonde. Retails for just under $1000
    IMHO, save your money and wait until you can afford a SeeSnake. I have read way too many posts from guys who have bought their equipment and were disappointed.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

it might be time for another field trip to visit their store in orange county, calif.

i have looked at their ebay stuff in the past, but never bought.

should i look or buy and put it through the paces?

anyone feel like contributing to a fund to test the waters?

we all know that the seesnakes are the industry standard.

i know the few other cameras i have purchased outside of seesnakes all ended up on the shelf.

i would feel guilty trying to sell them off on ebay.

the old say is you get what you pay for.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        it might be time for another field trip to visit their store in orange county, calif.

i have looked at their ebay stuff in the past, but never bought.

should i look or buy and put it through the paces?

anyone feel like contributing to a fund to test the waters?

we all know that the seesnakes are the industry standard.

i know the few other cameras i have purchased outside of seesnakes all ended up on the shelf.

i would feel guilty trying to sell them off on ebay.

the old say is you get what you pay for.

rick.
        They already have been tested by the other Rick and saysflushable. I believe both of them said it was a mistake and they were very short lived.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I'll part out whats left of mine....b&w monitor, color monitor, cameras broken and I'm not putting good money into bad.
          The Other Rick

Comment

Believe it. Stick with Ridgid. I bought a Scooter system when I first started getting into this business and had nothing but TROUBLE with their monitor(s). I then bought the SeeSnake Compact and use it just about every day. No comparison. Far superior to the Scooter junk. I hope to buy the SeeSnake 200 ft color this summer. Point is, these guys are spot on, save your money and get a SeeSnake.

Comment

I own one of the SCE camera, monitor and Rycom locator sets. It worked really well when I first got it however I have broken two lenses this year. Both times I did not have the protective guard on the head to avoid breaking the lens though. Both times it broke was when I was feeding it up stream towards cast iron pipe. Ridgid's camera face is built much better. Color monitor they sold me works great and came with automobile DC plug. Rycom locator I bought from them works really good too however, lately it has become uncalibrated, needs to be recalibrated. Probably has to do with the cold weather climate I live in .
              ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

I was just about to make a post to see if any one had a color seesnake for sale when I saw this post and I can give you first hand feed back on SCE.
                I am cleaning up my SCE color camera right know to send back for repairs, this will be the second time and it is not out of its one year warranty yet.

I have 2 of them and the second is not working at the moment either, the lens has broken twice in this one, the cap on the end of the head is alluminum and dents very easy thus breaking the glass.

I am not very happy with SCE.

Comment

I got one of those SEC color camera's.
                  I'm In area where it's tuff to make money.
                  Love the Ridgid SeeSnake. But I could not and still cant afford a Seesnake "Yet." 10k-12k new You can buy a house for that around here. So I bought one of those SEC cameras you know maybe make a few bucks to buy a better camera. It works. Nice picture Had it for over a year now. "BUT"
                  In winter it fogs up, 3/8 cable will only push 50' if lucky. If you get stuck head is not built very well. You Will need 1/2 if you buy this for better push. The Mini TV broke $399 to replace LOL. So I use an old 13 inch TV nice big Picture VHS is out dated. But it serves it's purpose but wish I had better. Don't waste 2k-5k plus on one not worth it.
                  Rod
                  MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                  Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                  http://unclognh.com
                  http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Working...
                  X