X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Cable for remote transmitter

I recently purchased the scout locator with the remote transmitter, and I got a 1/4" fiberglass rod that screws right onto the transmitter that I push in by hand. I mainly use it to locate sewer lines before we sawcut for the tie ins. My problem is with the 1/4" rod it flexes to much in a 4" and bigger line and won't make it around the 1/4 bend on 3" and smaller. What is a good cable to use to be able to push it around 1/4 bends? I do not have a camera and I don't need one at this point just want to locate where to tie in. Do they make something you can push by hand or do I need a drum type machine?
    Last edited by JLS; 04-15-2009, 10:48 AM.

Re: Which Cable for remote transmitter

Originally posted by JLS View Post
    I recently purchased the scout locator with the remote transmitter, and I got a 1/4" fiberglass rod that screws right onto the transmitter. I mainly use it to locate sewer lines before we sawcut for the tie ins. My problem is with the 1/4" rod it flexes to much in a 4" and bigger line and won't make it around the 1/4 bend on 3" and smaller. What is a good cable to use to be able to push it around 1/4 bends? I do not have a camera and I don't need one at this point just want to locate where to tie in.
    You can buy adapters which will adapt the remote transmitter to attach directly to Ridgid drain cleaning cables.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Remote-T...r/EN/index.htm

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Re: Which Cable for remote transmitter

i have an assortment of remote transmitters. i havn't used them in years as the camera with transmitter is the way to go.

it allows you to pinpoint the best locaton for a tie in. not just locate the pipe.

the spring head of the camera is the reason why you can make the turns.

i have a few spring head carriers that i use to put my transmitters in and then push them out with the fiberglass rods.

1/4'' and 5/16'' are good choices for 3-6''. my 3/8'' rod is too stiff for 1/4 bends, but great for large storm drains.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
      X