X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PVC pipes locator

Hii all...I have problem to locate pipes where some of them using PVC.And sometimes that pipes never expose to the surface.Some friends suggest me to use GPR (Ground Penetrating Radar) but honestly it costly too much.
    Is there any suggestions ? Thank you

Re: PVC pipes locator

You might think GPR is expensive if you scan and find nothing. But, if you had not scanned and hit something THEN how expensive would GPR have been?

The value of GPR is not the cost of performing the scan, it is the peace of mind in avoiding unseen or hidden commodities that would have cost you more than the scan.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Re: PVC pipes locator

To locate plastic lines without trace wires, if you have access, you can push a camera or fishtape down the line and then locate the camera line.

The new camera monitors have an integrated line trace feature where you can connect any transmitter to the monitor and apply a signal onto the entire length of the camera line. An alternative is to use the sonde mode and locate the sonde in the camera head as you push the camera through the line.

Comment

Working...
      X