X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• locating tool type and referral

I have an inground swimming pool with 2 drains in the cement apron that surrounds the pool. The pool and drains were in place when I bought the house.

I want to locate the drywells that these drains run to because I think they might need to be cleaned out - they're draining too slowly. I am hoping to find maybe a small transmitter and receiver that will allow me to thread the transmitter down the pipe and follow it from above ground. The drain pipe is pvc and it's possible that the dry well is under the cement apron, I just don't know.

Would a plumber have this type equipment? Would it work through cement? Is this equipment rentable? Does anyone have an idea that doesn't require locating equipment?

Clearly I need help. Can anyone point me in a direction where I might have some luck?

tia
    diy-guy

Re: locating tool type and referral

Depending on the size pipe we can use our camera which contains a sonde that can be located. The pipe would be visually inspected this will determine if there is a blockage or its clear to the end. We would mark the end point of the pipe and determine the next course of action. If you can't find a company with a camera close to you call us and we will come up.

Comment

could I expect most plumbers to have this type of equipment? or do I need someone that specializes in locating underground utilities? I haven't phoned any plumbers as yet.

Comment

Cameras are expensive so it would probably be a larger company.

Comment

Originally posted by diy-guy View Post
          could I expect most plumbers to have this type of equipment? or do I need someone that specializes in locating underground utilities? I haven't phoned any plumbers as yet.
          Plumbers won't have them unless the do drain cleaning, most sewer and drain companies should have them. A plumber might have a company he deals with for these services. Make sure the camera head is locatable.

Comment

thanks all - hope this works out - I seriously don't want to deal with the cement - I hope I find the drywell somewhere else

Comment

Working...
            X