Grease on my lens...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grease on my lens...

I'm having a problem with grease sticking to the lens when I do inspections of our drain pipe. Is there any type of product I can get that dosen't allow grease to stick to it while the snake is in the drain under water?

Re: Grease on my lens...

sometimes "flushing" the line with water helps wash the debris away. sometimes it just doesn't

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

the only time i have issues is when i run the camera through a kitchen cleanout. sometimes you will have to snake or jet the line to clean out the grease or just run it from another location. sometimes you push through it and then remove and clean your camera. then re run it again and you're fine

i always run some water to keep the camera clean.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Last week I did a pre-pour inspection of a multi family condo complex, about 1000' feet of 4" gasketed Sdr. and let me tell yea, these guys really went nuts with the pipe butter. At nearly every change of direction I was getting greased so bad I had to pull the camera out. The pipe guides helped a little but not really.
        West Trail Mechanical Ltd
        Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Could Rain-X on the lens help to keep the gunk from sticking?

Comment

jrsaltz does this with good success I think. I would give it a try.

Grease is a tough one. I camerad my parents drain lines where my sister used to run a wedding cake business. Basically solid butter in the pipes. Had to jet the line then inspect.

Josh

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
            Could Rain-X on the lens help to keep the gunk from sticking?

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
              jrsaltz does this with good success I think. I would give it a try.

Grease is a tough one. I camerad my parents drain lines where my sister used to run a wedding cake business. Basically solid butter in the pipes. Had to jet the line then inspect.

Josh
              and i thought we used the k-50

but it was worth it

have your parents plug that line roundup time

i got first dibs on snaking it bill you can help and adam can watch again

ben, you can fan me as it's hot there

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Hi,
                I ran a video crew for the City of San Jose and found that if you use Dawn dish soap on the lens with a clean wet lens, the grease doesn't stick to the lens as easy. Like the the commercial states the grease just slide off. if the grease gets on the lens while you travel thru the pipe try to go thru some water or add water to go by the lens to wash of the grease from the lens. you will be surprise on it works.

Good Luck
                justmenow55

Comment

Rain-X does work!

We use it on the crawler and push cameras and it really does help. The trick is to let it dry on the lens per the directions on the bottle for windshields. Then, right before it goes into the line add a bit more without wiping it off.

They make a large sprayer bottle and that is what we keep on the truck.
                  www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Thanks jrsaltz I'll have to try that RainX stuff. That would be really helpfull as we have atleast 10 kitchen areas here at the college. I'll let you know how I make out!

Comment

Working...
                    X