X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flatpack/mini reel

Just some info on the flatpack from ridgid. Does it come with color/self levelling head? Like wise with the mini? Thanks guys oz

Re: Flatpack/mini reel

unless things have changed

only the full size seesnake has the self leveling option.

all systems are avaliable in color

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick. Next question would the flat pack have different size rod than my 325 plus? I need to be able to get it around 4" traps without the risk of stressing/breaking the rod. Thanks in advance

Comment

Flatpack cable is way different than your 325' cant push it anywhere near as long and yes the cable in it will do 4 inch traps. It will also snap easier if you abuse the cable. Much thinner cable.

Also.. the flatpack doesn't have a slipring inside. Its a much simpler design than the compact or bigger reels

Josh

Comment

Thanks Josh ive just found latey that its a bit awkward to get my 325 into certain areas. Will definately invest in a flatpack in the future. It will hook up to my dvd monitor wont it? Thanks again mate

Comment

yes it will. all seesnakes are compatiable with all monitors. including the new dvd pack i just ordered

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I think ill keep lugging my dvd unit into jobs for now and maybe invest in the dvd pack later. Thanks for the help Rick and Josh.
              PS Where are all the people from Aussie land.
              Also Rick i read somewhere that you referred to our direction of flow in our toilets as being backwards. When you guys get with the times and move to metric ill stop calling ya all backwards

Comment

Originally posted by ozplumb View Post
                Also Rick i read somewhere that you referred to our direction of flow in our toilets as being backwards. When you guys get with the times and move to metric ill stop calling ya all backwards
                joey and i are off to new zealand in november. i'll grab a new micro drain and film the toilets internals

sure hope that the reverse flush has the suction to suck everything down

you're right. metric is better it's easier to work with.

problem is that it's more than just using a different tape measure.

our standard / common construction lumber is a 2x4. it currently measures 1.5'' x 3.5''. approx.38mm x 89mm.

how about or pipe sizes. are the metrics interchangeable with our dimensions. 1/2'' copper measures 5/8'' od. = .625''
                3/4'' measures 7/8'' od.= .875''
                1'' measure 1 1/8'' = 1.125''

so what are your standard pipe sizes?

is there a metric equivalent to match our dimensions?

of course this is just an example of the glitch.

now back to that flatpack

it's a no thrills camera package. sure the quality is 100% but the camera cable has it's limits due to flex and the reel is more of a cage that holds cable. no frills. good if you want a camera in every truck, but not for serious camera inspections.

how about a november meeting

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

ok here goes.
                  Mostly all our pipes are measured ID.

Our copper would suit yours exactly.

Our normal lumber size for housing frames is 90/35mm exactly which isnt far off yours.

Our DWV drain/waste/vent pipe (pvc) is
                  40mm=1 1/2"/50mm=2"/65mm=just over 2 1/2"
                  80mm=3 1/4"/100mm=3 15/16"/150mm=5 7/8'' and so on.

Excuse my metric way of explaining the imperial.( in the last two)

There is one thing that shouldnt change and thats the measurement of speed. Mph is easier for me for my love of motorsport had me understanding mph long before I could drive.
                  Short story my brother was driving an early model datsun/nissan along the freewayhighway with my dad in the passenger seat and me in the back.
                  My brother was whitenuckled wondering why everyone else on the road was going so slow!!!
                  You guessed it my brother was well over 110mph before dad could calmly tell him that the guage was not klmph.
                  Imperial folk nearly killed us all

If your visiting Australia in November well have to catch up!!
                  Let me know oz

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  joey and i are off to new zealand in november. i'll grab a new micro drain and film the toilets internals

sure hope that the reverse flush has the suction to suck everything down

you're right. metric is better it's easier to work with.

problem is that it's more than just using a different tape measure.

our standard / common construction lumber is a 2x4. it currently measures 1.5'' x 3.5''. approx.38mm x 89mm.

how about or pipe sizes. are the metrics interchangeable with our dimensions. 1/2'' copper measures 5/8'' od. = .625''
                  3/4'' measures 7/8'' od.= .875''
                  1'' measure 1 1/8'' = 1.125''

so what are your standard pipe sizes?

how about a november meeting

rick.
                  Last edited by ozplumb; 05-21-2009, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Rick I'll be near you in July and August.
                    I am sailing in San Francisco in the last weekend in July then I am going back towards the end of August for two weeks.
                    I am sailing with an American, it would seem you guy's are short of good sailors and are keen to import anyone, even from the land down under.

Simon

Comment

simon, haven't you ever heard of dennis conner

san francisco is a 5-6 hour drive. toolaholic is very close to s.f.

can't you just sail south a few hundred miles

a couple wrong tacks? will get you off track

keep us informed and maybe joey and i will buzz you on a jet ski

why not san diego

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

yes it will. all seesnakes are compatiable with all monitors. including the new dvd pack i just ordered

rick.
                        Very interesting, why buy a dvd pack for 1k+ when the sony recorder does the same (or almost) for 150? You do understand that you, as one person, cannot pull Emerson out of the recession?
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

simon, haven't you ever heard of dennis conner

san francisco is a 5-6 hour drive. toolaholic is very close to s.f.

can't you just sail south a few hundred miles

a couple wrong tacks? will get you off track

keep us informed and maybe joey and i will buzz you on a jet ski

why not san diego

rick.
                          Yes the Australia 11 beat him in 1983 and took the America's cup from the New York Yacht Club who kept changing the rules for 132 years so challengers couldn't win.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                            Yes the Australia 11 beat him in 1983 and took the America's cup from the New York Yacht Club who kept changing the rules for 132 years so challengers couldn't win.

Tony
                            You mean with that illegal winged keel?

J.C.

Comment

DVDPak is a full functioning monitor and dvdrecorder. Power supply. OLED display, microphone, etc. You might be thinking of the DVDBase it does have the sony as its guts but its way more than that, audio recording, battery power, weatherized, line trace capable, etc.

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                              Very interesting, why buy a dvd pack for 1k+ when the sony recorder does the same (or almost) for 150? You do understand that you, as one person, cannot pull Emerson out of the recession?

Comment

Working...
                              X