Navitrack Brick Transmitter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navitrack Brick Transmitter

Can this transmitter be used to energize a sewer cable in a drain and locate it? Or would a different transmitter be required. I already have a Scout locator. Any help would be great!!! Thanks
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Re: Navitrack Brick Transmitter

I would think that getting the ground loop to complete energizing a sewer cable may be a bit tricky but possible, all it takes is power...

Energizing the cable is only one part of it... You also have to have set a ground rod in an attempt to make a traceable circuit (most don't realize this)

IMO the amount of power required may bleed over into everything metal in the area and make for a complicated locate..

I'm not a locate expert by any means though ( I have a scout and a sonde).

just my 2 cents

Okie

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
      Can this transmitter be used to energize a sewer cable in a drain and locate it? Or would a different transmitter be required. I already have a Scout locator. Any help would be great!!! Thanks
      Yes you can trace a cable by connecting a brick to the cable and the earth to the ground stake and setting the same frequencies on the scout and brick but I know I don`t have to tell you that the cable has to be stationary and not spinning.

Tony

Comment

I did know about the earth ground having to be made, and I did realize the cabling can not be in motion. I just was wanting to be sure that the brick would be strong enough to send the signal. I also forgot to ask, would you use a direct connect or inductive signal clamp? Thanks so far for the help! It will help me determine which brick to get.

Derek

Comment

also make sure to unplug your sewer machine from the power outlet.

or you might end up tracing the electrical through the grounding of the machine.

also if the sewer is cast iron/ metal it will energize via the cable. plastic/abs/pvc will isolate the cable from ground.

the new seesnake monitors have a ground lug that allows for tracing of the seesnake cable. you connect your brick/ transmitter to it and ground the other lead.

plus you can still locate the camera via the 512 hz. sonde built in.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I did not realize about unpluging the machine...thanks. But now on the cable being in a plastic line you make it sound like I won't be able to trace...is that true or am I misunderstaing what you are saying? And as always thanks for this wonderful input!

Derek

Comment

Working...
            X