X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text with the SeeSnake plus

OK have been looking, I WANT the seesnake plus, BUT, the General Gen eye has a TON of features that Ridgid doenst seem to offer?

(We have decided to go with the plus for small camera work (4" and 6") and call in Highland for the tractor work)

Can I add Text to the DVD with the Standard Set up, if not what do I need?

Can I add sound like the General does?

AC/DC converter so I can power with the truck?

Date/Time Stamp?

Re: Text with the Seesanke plus

The countPlus is installed on all new reels. This will allow you to enter text overlays as well as date/time and distance. this was all possible with the old CountIR as well. Just much easier and cleaner with the CountPlus.

Sound is determined by what monitor you buy. if its one of our recording monitors like the LCD DVD, LCD VHS, upcoming DVDPak (recomended) then they have microphones built in.

As far as keyboard entry of text your gonna have to wait a bit more if thats what your talking about.

Josh

Comment

When can we expect the DVDPack to be available?

Comment

To use an analogy and cause thread drift: I look at ridgid tools like toyota and the other companies (espicially general)like the big 3. Toyota are very simple, well designed vehiclesthat don't break down. If they do break down, they have the tech supprt to get you back up. Much like ridgid tools, no fancy detaching drums, full keyboard seesnakes or cordless pipe cutters. Just simple, dependable tools that get the job done.

The "big 3" cars give you all the features, gizmos and gadgets(ladder built into tailgate, wifi) but they break down all the time with no customer support (ask Gene what he thinks of General). What good are those gadgets when the machine is broke down? If your ridgid tools ever broke, you know the ridgid staff on the forum can point you to getting the help you need quickly.

Sometimes the company behind the tools are what makes it great and not the tool itself.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Should be Mid to Late June for DVDPak

Comment

I agree with you 110% Ben, but some of those features would be really nice to have! Believe me I am not going to recommend the purchase of equipment that isnt going to be as reliable as Ridgid

Comment

CAN ONE OF THE MODS, Mark or Josh PLEASE Edit the title of this thread before Mrs. Seatdown sees it and chews me out!! PLEASE?

Comment

What was wrong with the title

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                CAN ONE OF THE MODS, Mark or Josh PLEASE Edit the title of this thread before Mrs. Seatdown sees it and chews me out!! PLEASE?

Comment

Re: Text with the SeeSnake plus

Change it back.

I was learning about New Ridgid Seesankes.

J.C.

Comment

rich, if you didn't say anything, it would have slipped past joey.

post #9 is correct for the heading. 8 and before is still off

i ordered the dvd pack at the show last week.

not to start any trouble or rumors, it's due to arrive tomorrow

you got punked.

just kidding

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                      I have been working so much and have been so tired that I hadn't even noticed!
                      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                        As far as keyboard entry of text your gonna have to wait a bit more if thats what your talking about.

Josh
                        This begs the question. . . . will it include spell check for my spelling impaired plumber (and engineer) friends?
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Take a look at this thread. I too wanted a keyboard for my camera and I got one.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17379

I have used it once!!!

I am not kidding. It is easier to just use the voice recording option rather than the text. We are always on the move and it is just one more thing to hook up so it just rides in a pelican case in the truck in case we need it.

It has several built in features and can overlay text in several colors, with or without a background and many other things. Its a cool gadget, I just never really took the time to figure it all out.

Let me know. Hope it at least helps to make a WISE decision.

I would be willing to sell it or trade it I suppose.
                          www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Working...
                          X