Anybody used C-SCAN?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody used C-SCAN?

Anyone here used the C-SCAN coating survey system manufactured by Dynalog Electronics or a similar system?

http://www.dynalog.co.uk/english/english.htm
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Re: Anybody used C-SCAN?

Wow, no one so far huh?

Rick, you mean to tell me you don't have at least one of these??

What is it you might ask. Performs a survey of the condition of coating on buried piping. I am looking at possibly as much as 4000 feet of pipe anywhere from 24" on down that may require scanning. This is all buried and we can't be digging up the whole property to check the condition of the pipe coating. This system seems to have been in use on petro and NG transmission lines for some time now. Can also be used to locate and map (using the built in GPS) lines without having to mark them out. The plot can then be downloaded to a computer and imported into AutoCAD or a GIS software package.

Works similar to a locator and signal generator but the receiver seems from the description to be more sophisticated.

Josh, you know anything about these systems? Any plans by RIDGID to include a GPS in their locators?
    Last edited by Bob D.; 06-18-2009, 10:06 PM. Reason: Added Q for Josh.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."

Comment

i almost bought a scanner for reading the thickness of paint or coatings, but i passed and can't see how it would work on underground piping.

must use some sort of resistance to measure it's continuity

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        i almost bought a scanner for reading the thickness of paint or coatings, but i passed and can't see how it would work on underground piping.

must use some sort of resistance to measure it's continuity

rick.

How it works

http://www.dynalog.co.uk/english/howItWorks.htm

FAQs
        http://www.dynalog.co.uk/english/faq.htm

Comment

Is it basicly a giant intelligent megger? (I'm to lazy to read)

Comment

No.

Comment

Rick, you need to delete some messages from your maibox once in a while.

Now would be a good time.
              Last edited by Bob D.; 06-22-2009, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X