Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Ridgid Scout

Suggestions please
    I was on a job today I connected my ridgid sonde (512mhz) to my sewer cable and sent it down an earthenware sewerage pipe which went under a building with a wooden floor on stumps about 600mm (2') off the ground as I traced it I got one pole and nothing else it just seemed to loose the sonde is that because I was standing on the floor inside the building and not on the ground and because of the space between the floor and ground caused some sort of interfearance??????????

Tony

Re: My Ridgid Scout

tony, this sounds like i need to go there and see it for myself

or if you're in a hurry, pull it back or push it forward some, you're in a vertical pipe

but i still need to verify that on the job

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Yep I bet Rick is right. vertical pipe or 45* or greater

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        tony, this sounds like i need to go there and see it for myself

or if you're in a hurry, pull it back or push it forward some, you're in a vertical pipe

but i still need to verify that on the job

rick.
        Rick

I`m really starting to wonder if your pulling our legs about running a plumbing business,and being able to pack your bags and travel the world just to help Ridgid forum members out, and I know you denied it when I questioned you owning that manson on the beach when making your video on making your ice cream but I am not so sure now.??????????????

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
          Rick

I`m really starting to wonder if your pulling our legs about running a plumbing business,and being able to pack your bags and travel the world just to help Ridgid forum members out, and I know you denied it when I questioned you owning that manson on the beach when making your video on making your ice cream but I am not so sure now.??????????????

Tony
          tony i need to work as i made the mistake this week and went shopping on ebay

i can't afford the property taxes at that building. although i do a lot of work there, i might as well live there

lets just say the deals were too hard to pass up

i'm traveling to meet dan from rootx for lunch in oregon on thursday. 800 miles for a free lunch each way

so if you're still stumped, i'll divert to down under

traveling is a passion just like plumbing. so mixing traveling and plumbing equals a vacation

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

All jokes aside getting back to my question does the scout only work when it is close to the ground and not lets say 600mm (2') above it when tracing a sonde in a sewerage pipe.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
              All jokes aside getting back to my question does the scout only work when it is close to the ground and not lets say 600mm (2') above it when tracing a sonde in a sewerage pipe.

Tony
              it will work from a reasonable elevation above the ground, 2' is fine, but remember that the depth is based on the distance from the antennas.

so if you want accuracy, you need to lower it to the ground and read the real elevation. or add the 2' elevation you're lifted.

sure i don't drag it while searching, but i do lower it to the ground when i'm looking for the spot and depth.

i really think you need me to show you how we do it in the states

either come down here to the ridgid roundup, or i'll take my show on the road and come to you

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I Second Rick, if your sonde is vertical or even in a 45 bend you will lose the poles.

Comment

Originally posted by rhinorooter View Post
                  I Second Rick, if your sonde is vertical or even in a 45 bend you will lose the poles.
                  And that was where the sonde was in or at a 45 bend in the ground 600mm (2') below a raised wooden floor on stumps.

Tony

Comment

I ran into that today. Looking for a septic tank, main line started at 3' deep went to 4 1/2 and disapeared. Dug it up and it went straight down. Suggested the HO found someone cheaper to keep up the digging.
                    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Working...
                    X