Pulse Generator?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulse Generator?

Any experiences with a Pulse Generator? Good or bad? Recommendations or brands?

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Pulse Generator?

Used for tracking down leaks in pipes pulse generator?

If so I have never used one and am curious as to what folks will say about them.

Comment

Oh, is that what JC was talking about?

We bought one of those gadgets about 15 years ago to track down leaks in gas pipes. What a waste of $400 dollars! I think we found maybe 2 or 3 leaks with it in five years before it broke.

I'll try to find the company link (if they are still in business)

Comment

I attended a Metrotech seminar Wednesday and they discussed the pulse generator. The presenter said it works well but frankly he wasnt really very convincing. He said the best way to locate non metalic lines would always be to insert something traceable into the line. I'm not claming any knowledge, I have never used one, but Metrotech does sell one.

Scott

Comment

JC - Beyond general interest in the tool and how it works, what is the application that you are trying to solve? Do you have a potential leak you need to trace and if so what kind of line is it?

Comment

I also want to be able to trace existing irrigation lines when I do work for new clients. It would be faster and easier than the "guess where the other contract might have put the line method" and dig experimental exploration holes. Nobody leaves drawings, and clients' memory is usually less than perfect. I also spoke to Metrotech and was interested in http://www.metrotech.com/pdt.asp?productselect=90. Spoke to a sales person, and as stated above, they didn't seem all that enthusiastic about the product. They also suggested that I run a piece of metal (fish tape) through the pipe and trace the fish. That would be great with larger diameter pipe, but most irrigation lines up here are 3/4 or 1" pvc. With 90's and tee's little fishes get tight really quick.

Mick

Comment

Originally posted by BrandMan View Post
              JC - Beyond general interest in the tool and how it works, what is the application that you are trying to solve? Do you have a potential leak you need to trace and if so what kind of line is it?
              Come across lots of plastic water lines at different places to locate before excavation, for making connections, or repairing leaks.

Curious about accurate & quickest options.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
              X