X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crawler Cameras?????

Hi all im toying with the idea of a crawler and want to know if anyone has tried, or know if it would be possible to adapt my see snake 325' onto a buggy/crawler.
    I know that a few things would have to be sorted out for it to be possible

ie. pan tilt. Movement ( i was thinking jet?) Software?
    I know that im probably better off holding out and buying the complete thing but if i can utilize my ridgid cam first ill try.
    Any help or recommendations on brands of crawlers or accessories would be appreciated. Thanks oz

Re: Crawler Cameras?????

as far as i know, the smallest crawlers they make are for 6''/ 150mm and larger.

not sure if a motorized crawler using a seesnake pushrod is a good idea. the stiff pushrod would take away from the whole idea of a crawler.

sure it might assist in pushing the full 200-325' distance, but i doubt there is one out that can negotiate 4''/100mm turns.

we asked for a toilet camera last year and they developed the micro drain

who knows, asking for a seesnake crawler camera might be all it takes to get the ball rolling. it's been discussed on many occasions.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

thanks for the reply rick. I thought it was worth a shot but ill keep saving.
      ill search the forum for discussions on this topic. Thanks again

Comment

If memory serves correctly, Robert asked for this at last year's roundup. I believe the answer back then was that Ridgid doesn't want to do every single thing out there. They want to focus on a couple high quality rather than quantity. If I misunderstood, please edit my post as I don't to put any words into Fred's mouth.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

The cheapest way to get into a crawler camera setup is to buy a used truck with the equipment.

Comment

Thanks Highland

Originally posted by HighlandS&D View Post
            The cheapest way to get into a crawler camera setup is to buy a used truck with the equipment.

Comment

My first thought of a crawler was under-the-building crawl space or as some here call a "crawler".

Would be nice to have a all-terrain or a hummingbird type of camera for those wet and cold crawlers...crawl spaces.
              (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post
                My first thought of a crawler was under-the-building crawl space or as some here call a "crawler".

Would be nice to have a all-terrain or a hummingbird type of camera for those wet and cold crawlers...crawl spaces.
                Something like this
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X