X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Wire

Our company recently bought a see snake, the other day one of our plumbers was useing it and got it stuck down a drain. When he tryed to pull it back he put a kink in the orange cord. I was wondering if that kind of thing can be rapaired by Ridgid or do we have to buy the whole 200' cord, and if fixiable how much it would cost.
    Thanks

Re: Broken Wire

unfortunately the orange wire/ push rod is not actually splice-able. what you do is cut off the broken end and re terminate from there.

so if the kink/ break was at the 50' mark, you trash the first 50' and end up with 150' remaining.

a local ridgid seesnake repair center can get you back together for a couple hundred bucks.

i would say without knowing all the facts, it's user error.

in all the years i've owned my cameras, i've never broken or kinked a cable. sure i wear and grind them. but never broken off 1.

call ridgid or check with your local service center for repair.

keep all the expensive toys away from the guys that are ruff.

p.s. welcome to the forum.

damaging your camera was actually a good thing as you have just found the ridgid forum. access to this database of knowledge is priceless or at least the cost of 1 seesnake re-termination

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

The same thing happened to me last month. Kinked right in the middle of the cable. Quoted $600 for retermination by a Ridgid service center and $1,600 for a whole new cable. We ended up buying the new cable...ouch!

30 day warranty

Comment

Hey thanks alot guys for all the help. I had no idea there was a web site like this, this is just awsome for all us plumbers and pipe fitters.Thakns again for the info

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          The same thing happened to me last month. Kinked right in the middle of the cable. Quoted $600 for retermination by a Ridgid service center and $1,600 for a whole new cable. We ended up buying the new cable...ouch!

30 day warranty
          Hi
          Can you advise the best place to buy a replacement 200 'orange cable for my seesnake . Have been quoted $4000.00 Nz dollars so I am looking for a cheaper option
          Cheers STUARTL

Comment

For NZ, I'm guessing your options are limited but I'm pretty sure you have a Ridgid rep there. Contact him or wait for some others to chime in here.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

30 day warranty
              Wow. You would have been ripped off for that reterm.

$200 here in Phx. from dealer.

But that's a really good price on a new cable. Who did you get it from?

Comment

$8/ft is pretty much what I've found for pushrod... $200 for a reterm is good, $300 the norm.

$4k NZ sounds like a lot... but about the norm from what I've seen here from Aussie guys... you all in atipodes lands seem to pay a premium for seesnake stuff compared to us here in the states. what's a NZ$ per us $? shipping to NZ? if it's worth doing I'll buy you a pushrod here and mail it to you and you can pay me back.

anyone doing reterms there? you could buy the stuff to do it and be the NZ reterm guy...I've thought about this myself; some days the idea of staying in a nice warm clean dry shop and fixing cables sounds pretty good.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Hello
                  I'm not sure really what you're talking about, but this is how you merge two wires:
                  • disconnects power fully (obviously)
                  • strip at least 1/4" of insulation with a wire stipper
                  • ensure the exposed wiring is not frayed - you want solid connections
                  now from here there are two option, I suggest the first considering you're unexperienced:
                  1. using a marr connector wrap the two exposed ends around each other in a clockwise fashion; clipping them between a pair of needle nose pillers can help. Screw on the marr connector; DONE!
                  2. using the same clockwise turn, wrap them around each other horizontally; in line with the rest of the wire, and wrap securely with electrical tape.
                  Hope that helps!
                  Nice Forum

Comment

Originally posted by STUARTL View Post
                    Hi
                    Can you advise the best place to buy a replacement 200 'orange cable for my seesnake . Have been quoted $4000.00 Nz dollars so I am looking for a cheaper option
                    Cheers STUARTL
                    Four grand $$ sounds about right, here in the southern hemisphere where Ridgid likes to rip us off.

Tony

Comment

All Star Sewer Equipment Sales is the name of our company, and we do reterms in Wentzville, Missouri. Basic reterm is about $200.00 it can get up to $300.00 if the pig tail wire is too short or the safety cables need to be replaced. Ridgid part # 64607 200ft of the 7/16" push cable for the large reel lists for $2,688.65, and part #67327 200ft of mini push cable lists for $2,366.20. Any questions feel free to contact the office at 18009505023.

Comment

Originally posted by davies47 View Post
                        Hello
                        I'm not sure really what you're talking about, but this is how you merge two wires:
                        • disconnects power fully (obviously)
                        • strip at least 1/4" of insulation with a wire stipper
                        • ensure the exposed wiring is not frayed - you want solid connections
                        now from here there are two option, I suggest the first considering you're unexperienced:
                        1. using a marr connector wrap the two exposed ends around each other in a clockwise fashion; clipping them between a pair of needle nose pillers can help. Screw on the marr connector; DONE!
                        2. using the same clockwise turn, wrap them around each other horizontally; in line with the rest of the wire, and wrap securely with electrical tape.
                        Hope that helps!

SPAM?!

Seesnake pushrod is waterproof sealed. Anyone with 2 cents worth of mechanical skill can splice wires but you're not going to make a waterproof seal on the sheath. That would be a great way to test your GFCI though huh?

Comment

Working...
                        X