X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navitrack Scout

Can the Navitrack scout locate copper water lines and also locate phone and electrical cables?

Re: Navitrack Scout

Originally posted by plumbertim1975 View Post
    Can the Navitrack scout locate copper water lines and also locate phone and electrical cables?
    If I understand correctly, it could locate copper water lines & phone provided you have a transmitter to induce a signal. You probably would want to consider an inductive clamp as you would probably run into situations where you could not direct connect to some things.

It also has a passive line locate of 60Hz for AC.

J.C.

Comment

JC do have one of these locators?

Comment

JC do have one of these locators?
        No. I have an SR-20. I do NOT have a Scout or ANY experience with one. Just what I read.

J.C.

Comment

I have been thinking about getting some sort of locator. I dont need one all the time but I needed one today and a couple other times this month. I usually have to call another guy I know to do locates for me. The locator that you have is it a Ridgid?

Comment

I have been thinking about getting some sort of locator. I dont need one all the time but I needed one today and a couple other times this month. I usually have to call another guy I know to do locates for me. The locator that you have is it a Ridgid?
            Yes. It's in the middle of their line so to speak. A Scout will be less expensive and possibly do everything you need it too.

Here's some links. The Ridgid locator & website people have put up alot of information up in the past months. Lots to read and learn-at least for me.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Utility-...g/EN/index.htm

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Line-Locating/EN/index.htm

J.C.

Comment

I would go with the SR20 over the scout. The SR20 has a different antenna setup that is more accurate for locating lines. The scout is great if you are locating a sonde.

Comment

I would also go with the SR20. I have the scout and it is great for the sonde, I would now like to locate everything. especially my own cable on my sewer machine. I think I could do that with the SR20, maybe not. But I now get guys wanting me to locate things other than drain pipes. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                X