X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 512hz sonde on micro

Has anyone used the 512hz sonde on the microdrain yet?
    Do you feel it proformed as well as the sea snake?

I have a job coming up(find out for sure on Tue) to camera and locate/depth of laterals for 50 homes to the property line. Project is very time sensitive.

It would be much faster and easier to use the microdrain then to lug around a big camera into all those basements.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Re: 512hz sonde on micro

Part of the "sell" to HO's is they get a free cctv inspection of their laterals to the property line. When the contractor replaces the main all laterals will also be replaced to the prop line.
    So lets say I find an offset joint 10' shy of the prop line on the HO's side, it will cost the HO next to nothing to have the contractor dig an extra 10'.

I say "sell" even though its free, because the HO is more willing to let us in their home if they are getting something free.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

i was wondering if adding that sonde made the head bigger? and harder to get down toilets.
      the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

The sonde is smaller so that it does not increase the size of the head. Because it is smaller it is not quite as powerful.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

i doubt that the micro would be the camera of choice for your application on this project.

it's limited to 30' cable and the transmitter is lower power due to its small size in the camera head.

i assume you're into 4'' pipe and deeper than 5'.

a mini seesnake, compact or flatpack would be better suited for your project at this time.

nothing wrong with the microdrain, it's just not the proper camera for your application if i'm picturing it correctly.

how soon is this job starting.

have camera, will travel

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            i doubt that the micro would be the camera of choice for your application on this project.

it's limited to 30' cable and the transmitter is lower power due to its small size in the camera head.

i assume you're into 4'' pipe and deeper than 5'.

a mini seesnake, compact or flatpack would be better suited for your project at this time.

nothing wrong with the microdrain, it's just not the proper camera for your application if i'm picturing it correctly.

how soon is this job starting.

have camera, will travel

rick.
            The area is pretty congested so most of the homes should be within 30' of the property line. I'm assuming anyway. I have not been on site.
            I had a feeling and, thanks guy's for confirming, that the microdrain would be pretty limited as far as depth locating as it's ment for under slab/behind walls.

I was just thinking if I were to buy new equipment to make this job easier, the microdrain would fit into my everyday arsenal better once this job is done.

As far start date for job goes???? I find out Tuesday. Home owners have to be notified and work has to start ASAP. It may even interfere with the Round up. But I can not pass this up. I've spent 3yrs trying to convince this Co to camera/locate before start of project. They are a multi-million $$ project company that other companies are watching, so once camera/locate becomes the norm at start of project the others should follow suit.

Still want come Rick? even if it means missing the Round up?
            Whats your rental fee for your smaller cameras?

Comment

Gene
              I will let you know when I get mine. It shipped yesterday. I was thinking it would work good when we are trying to find a piece of galvanized that is no good and needs to be replaced. The sonde should help locate the area better than listening to the cable in the line.

Comment

Buy the MicroDrain with the Sonde.

And also buy the separate Sonde for your sectional cable.

Ought to be able to locate one or the other, right?

J.C.

Comment

remember that 512hz will not penetrate the galvanized unless the pipe is rotted paper thin. plus unless things are totally different than here. gal has to be a minimum of 6'' above grade.

the internal locator is lower power on a portable microexplore than it's on a seesnake monitor/power supply. but remember that the sonde/ windings in the small camera are much smaller than on a seesnake sonde.

hope that you guys understand that the sonde in the micro is a small lower power unit and not a full power external one.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Does this put out the higher power?

Thanks.

J.C.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/user1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                      Does this put out the higher power?

Thanks.

J.C.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/user1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG]
                      yes and so does a seesnake sonde that's not incorporated in the camera head like the microdrain.

at the roundup, i'm sure we will have an opportunity to play with all the toys

i will open up my personal room for all to see. josh always forgets to close the lights when he films there

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                      X