X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which camera?

Hi to all. Ive been reading this forum for a while and learnt alot. I am now looking at buying a camera and I will be mostly inspecting 90mm and 100mm storm water and sewer drains.
    Due to budget I will be restricted to either the Ridgid colour Mini 200' or the Vivax Vcam system. The Vcam has the 12mm push cable and has more functions and is cheaper by about $2600 (AU$). I have had the Vcam out to an inspection recently and I was happy with it but after reading an old post by ACE in which he seemed unhappy with the push cable I'm unsure. I would be surprised if the push cable on the mini would be stiffer as it is only 8mm (I havent used the mini yet so I don't know). What would you chose and why? Any comment or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Re: which camera?

Originally posted by epc View Post
    Hi to all. Ive been reading this forum for a while and learnt alot. I am now looking at buying a camera and I will be mostly inspecting 90mm and 100mm storm water and sewer drains.
    Due to budget I will be restricted to either the Ridgid colour Mini 200' or the Vivax Vcam system. The Vcam has the 12mm push cable and has more functions and is cheaper by about $2600 (AU$). I have had the Vcam out to an inspection recently and I was happy with it but after reading an old post by ACE in which he seemed unhappy with the push cable I'm unsure. I would be surprised if the push cable on the mini would be stiffer as it is only 8mm (I havent used the mini yet so I don't know). What would you chose and why? Any comment or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance
    It all depends on the length of the pipe you want to camera, how many bends etc, the mini has its limitations and that is why I bought the 200' seesnake plus as it can be pushed further than the mini and because it is a Ridgid and will last my advice is save up and but a colour self leveling seesnake plus with their new DVD and smaller screen system.

Tony

Comment

Good advice thanks. My jetter goes 60m so I really want my camera to be able to go 60m too. Its just a lot of extra $$$ to get the seesnake plus with self levelling head etc. But id rather not have to buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by epc View Post
        Good advice thanks. My jetter goes 60m so I really want my camera to be able to go 60m too. Its just a lot of extra $$$ to get the seesnake plus with self levelling head etc. But id rather not have to buy twice.
        Before I bought my seesnake I did the some as you are doing looking at all the alternatives and all the cheaper options but you will come to the conclusion as I did that you want the camera you buy to last and pay for itself and make you a profit before it packs up and like you say you don`t want to pay twice so stop buggerising around and buy the seesnake write it off on tax and make a nice profit and let your opposition know you have the equipment to do the job.

But stay out of Nth Balwyn

Tony

Comment

You are right Tony. I will be sure to stay out of Nth Balwyn. I did a fair bit of work in that area as an apprentice. Lots of old homes, old drains and blockages but sadly too far to drive from Peninsula so Ill leave it to you. Thanks again.

Comment

One thing about the SeeSnake systems is they can take a beating. I have seen other plumbers, and village works guys with the other brands, and each one of them talked about how much they loved their system "BUT" the repairs where costly "BUT" it can not push as far out as they wished, they just kept up with the buts.

One time the village was televising a line for me and while they where pulling their camera back the picture went black, the one village guy said 'Oh man do not tell me the head came apart again." The other guy said "no, it shouldn't have I taped it up real good this time." I made sure to write down the name of that system and put it in the list of not to buy.

That year I bought my SeeSnake with 200" of push rod 512hz locater and never looked back since. I love the camera, and in the 15+ years I been using it it has never broke. During them 15+ years I have used it two to three times a week, in cast iron, PVC, ductile iron and clay pipe. So my point is you get what you pay for, so in my humble opinion save up and buy the SeeSnake system that will do what you need it to do. I do need to upgrade to a color system with a digital recording device, but that shall come when work picks up again.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

i would add to the conversation, but i don't speak the language

there is no doubt you get what you pay for.

as you can see, and read, if there's ever an issue with anything ridgid, the problem gets resolved. between all the members and ridgid employees that monitor this forum, you get answers and results.

try that with any other manufacturer

if you need me to brig out some of the new ridgid cameras

i'm all packed and ready

welcome to the forum

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

In all the times you have offered to fly off to these exotic locations on someone elses dime have they ever taken you up on it?

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                i would add to the conversation, but i don't speak the language

there is no doubt you get what you pay for.

as you can see, and read, if there's ever an issue with anything ridgid, the problem gets resolved. between all the members and ridgid employees that monitor this forum, you get answers and results.

try that with any other manufacturer

if you need me to brig out some of the new ridgid cameras

i'm all packed and ready

welcome to the forum

rick.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                  In all the times you have offered to fly off to these exotic locations on someone elses dime have they ever taken you up on it?
                  It can not happen unless you offer.

Comment

No kidding.
                    Look at how Rick got that plumber a high paying job up in the northwest.
                    All the guy was doing was asking a question and in flies Spaz-Bomb.

That guy ever thank-you Rick

Comment

Rofl....

Buy a ridgid color mini 200'.

If you are dead set on vivax I've got one I'll sell you
                      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

You won't go wrong with the ridgid camera and I own another brand. I would not waste the money on a self leveling head. Just my opinion.

Comment

It is tempting for other companies. I have a line on a General setup with new 300' pushrod right now for $1800.00.

But I don't like problems either.

J.C.

Comment

I might be willing to sell off one of my older SeeSnakes Blue /grey reel, and the old security monitor with a 512 Hz transmitter, I think the push rod is only 125' though.

Comment

Thanks for all the good advice. Ace you don't seem too happy with the Vivax is there any reason in particular? Or do you just wish you'd bought the Ridgid in the first place? I think you guys have helped me make my mind up anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X