Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid lease to own camera setup

Originally posted by cpw View Post
    The leasing/financing thing can be dangerous. A lot of IT companies got aggressive with it before the .com bubble burst and got pretty badly burned.
    Is that why there is a flood of computers etc always on CL?
    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

This seriously just happened a 1/2 hr ago. House mate calls to say a flat bed is here to take your car. Do you want anything out of it ? "yep, dump everything out and we'll take care of it when we get home shortly.

Driving up our narrow dirt road had to pull over so an on coming truck could pass. It's a wrecker with a grey passat. Ohh poor passat, we sure will miss you. Didn't even get a chance to say good bye.

Apparently the agreement we made was to pay EVERY month, not every three months

The worst part is is today we had a record breaking $$$ day and set up even more work for the rest of the week and set up even more work once our recent equipment purchase is on the road.

Fortunately we OWN EVERYTHING as far as the business is concerned, but we stretched ourselves thin recently and rolled the dice as far as the car is concerned.

In the end the car doesn't matter, it's just a car. I'll find out soon enough what can be worked out with them.

We are just now starting to reach a point where we get enough during feast, in order to save for famine.

So anyway, Part of this was kinda of venting.
      The other part was to set this up.

I'm willing to let a car go. It's just a ride and it's my own fault. I made an agreement to pay and didn't. Soon it will be time for me to pay the piper.

If I made an agreement to pay for a camera, and for some reason some guy showed up to take my livelihood away because I didn't pay. I don't know as I could give it up. I think it would turn into a fight to the death.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
        Is that why there is a flood of computers etc always on CL?
        I don't think most of the stuff that is leased wouldn't end up on CL; most of it tended to be very very expensive stuff that doesn't have a place in a home or many businesses.

Comment

Gene, I respect the fact that You just shared that with Us. It says a lot about You and the Ridgid Forum family We are a part of. Best of luck Tool
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

This is an interesting idea.

I wouldn't be suprised if the idea has been discussed by the Brass at RIDGID.

I also wouldn't be suprised if RIDGID has been contacted by a finance company about this in the past or RIDGID has contacted a finance company about this in the past.

Complete and total "pulled out of my rear" speculation on my part, but as we've moved more toward a credit (debt) based economy the last several years, this sort of thing has become fairly common.

Comment

Gene I am so sorry about the car and thanks for sharing that with us.

It takes a real man to own up to his mistakes, it takes a bigger man to share those mistakes with others so they may not make the same mistakes.

A few years ago I came to the conclusion that a fool learns from experience and disregards the experienced but a wise man learns from the experienced.

Gene thanks for reminding me to be careful with my finances.

I am glad to hear you have work coming in and congratulations on the record breaking day.

- Dan

Comment

Just as an FYI, Ridge works with a Leasing company by the name of Alpine Leasing. It works very simply with the user making his deal with the wholesaler and then Alpine completes the payable transaction with the distributor. The contractor then pays monthly payments to Alpine on the lease until owned. Contact your local Ridge rep for details if there is any interest

Comment

Originally posted by The Tool Guy View Post
                  Just as an FYI, Ridge works with a Leasing company by the name of Alpine Leasing. It works very simply with the user making his deal with the wholesaler and then Alpine completes the payable transaction with the distributor. The contractor then pays monthly payments to Alpine on the lease until owned. Contact your local Ridge rep for details if there is any interest

Someone from Ridgid wanna chime in on this

Comment

Thank You Tool Guy ! Pretty SAD when We have to find this info outside of RIDGID.
                    If They care about woeful toilet Augers , And suggestions on their forum ,We would see a comment. That's the end of any comments or advice from Me, Tool
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Tool, I have been reading your thread. We do watch and listen. I honestly wasn't aware we were working with Alpine leasing. I think I remember one of their fliers from probably 6 years ago at the pumper show but had no idea we had anything set up with them.

Chalk it up to me being new at the position.

Comment

Thanks Josh, I really think, if handled right ,It would serve all well

Comment

just so you know, I'm not trying to disguise who I am but I am with RIDGID.........

Comment

just so you know, I'm not trying to disguise who I am but I am with RIDGID.........
                            Thank You Tool Guy. I hope You'll hang with Us now and then. We all want info,It's a Two Way street.

Comment

Working...
                            X