X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid lease to own camera setup

You have to pre pay for breakage insurance. Gotsha, Made this up. Not a bad idea.

How many out there would be interested in such a plan? Ridgids listening. Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Ridgid lease to own camera setup

That might work!
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

It would move a lot of cameras , cut into the competition,big time !
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

There are a ton of leasing companies out there right now that will finance Ridgid equipment ( The interest rates are not much better then your local loan shark 25%-50%)....

Not to be a stick in the mud about this idea but Ridgid does not sell to us directly. (you can't call your local Ridgid Rep and buy things from him/her). Your rep will demo the item for you but direct you to a local supplier for purchase.

If Ridgid started carrying paper on there equipment they would undermine all of their local retailers.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post

If Ridgid started carrying paper on there equipment they would undermine all of their local retailers.

Agreed 100%, That's an excellent point....

Plus RIDGID is a TOOL company not a bank
          Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
          New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

[QUOTE=OkieBill;251580]There are a ton of leasing companies out there right now that will finance Ridgid equipment ( The interest rates are not much better then your local loan shark 25%-50%)....

BEG TO DIFFER ,IT WORKS ! Years ago I bought a new lincoln gas welder from one of lincoln's independent distributors. Made payments directly to Lincoln Elec.! NEXT

Comment

[QUOTE=toolaholic;251593]
              Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
              There are a ton of leasing companies out there right now that will finance Ridgid equipment ( The interest rates are not much better then your local loan shark 25%-50%)....

BEG TO DIFFER ,IT WORKS ! Years ago I bought a new lincoln gas welder from one of lincoln's independent distributors. Made payments directly to Lincoln Elec.! NEXT
              You made payments to Lincoln Electric Capital not to Lincoln Electric

hmmmm gotta go look this up BRB.

Lincoln Capital does offer great interest rates, That is why this board is great! I learn something new every day.

If Ridgid were to develop " Ridge Tool Capital" and use Lincoln as the model it just may work.

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                Agreed 100%, That's an excellent point....

Plus RIDGID is a TOOL company not a bank
                General Motors is a Car Co. not a Bank. NEXT

Comment

I'm not in the drain Buss. full time. I believe a good camera and locator are a necessity
                  for this. And I believe It's a cash cow. I'm guessing a lot of Young Guys starting out don't have the $ up front for this. Imagine when You go to the Supply house An add campaign
                  " GOT QUALITY Camera and locater ? " And right there is a demo tape running on a root infested line. Also a graf of the average $ earned per Year.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                    GM also needed a BAILOUT......Not sure RIDGID would like that to be there "Financial Future"

as you say ....next
                    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV

Comment

Ridgid producers a better product than gm !

Comment

Ridgid producers a better product than gm !

Yes, yes they sure do, I now can see your point

Comment

But GMAC (which was spun off of GM) is a bank.
                          ---------------
                          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                          ---------------
                          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                          ---------
                          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                          ---------
                          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

i can see ridgid running a promotion with their wholesale network. maybe provide a 90 day deferred payment. but i don't see them getting into the loan business with the end user.

the plumbing/ drain cleaning supply house would be happy to refer you to a leasing company.

on the other hand i've been toying around for years with the ricky rents idea

what do you need? i'm sure i have 1 to rent out

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

The leasing/financing thing can be dangerous. A lot of IT companies got aggressive with it before the .com bubble burst and got pretty badly burned.

Comment

Working...
                              X