X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing used Seesnake camera

Hello all. I recently looked at a 6 month old See-snake camera, self leveling, color, dvd. Seller states that his new drain cleaning business did not do well. My questions are, what should one look for when inspecting this used equipment to purchase? Does the warranty transfer to a new owner? Should I contact Ridgid with the serial number? It looks pretty clean. cable looks ok. (no kinks), some minor scratches @ led's on camera head and in the cable sheath. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Re: Purchasing used Seesnake camera

Originally posted by RealLivePlumber View Post
    Hello all. I recently looked at a 6 month old See-snake camera, self leveling, color, dvd. Seller states that his new drain cleaning business did not do well. My questions are, what should one look for when inspecting this used equipment to purchase? Does the warranty transfer to a new owner? Should I contact Ridgid with the serial number? It looks pretty clean. cable looks ok. (no kinks), some minor scratches @ led's on camera head and in the cable sheath. Thanks in advance for any advice.
    That is a great idea. I wonder if Ridgid could have a database where if an owner of a piece of equipment like a SeeSnake wants to register it. Then this way if if gets stolen the owner can go online and mark his piece of registered equipment stolen. So now when someone honest like RealLivePlumber comes along wanting to buy a used SeeSnake he can go online enter in the serial number and if it has been flagged as stolen he would know right there and then.

As what to look for have him power it up, check for a good clean picture. Take the camera head out and twist the spring around a few times to make sure the termination is good, if the picture flickers the termination within the spring needs to be fixed. Ask if it has a sonde, if so see if he has the receiver for it. Other than than making sure the cable is in good shape, picture quality is good, not much more to check. Oh you could ask to burn a quick DVD and play it back to ensure the DVD burner is working.

But still would be nice to have an online database for stolen equipment.
    Last edited by SewerRatz; 09-13-2009, 10:20 AM.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
      That is a great idea. I wonder if Ridgid could have a database where if an owner of a piece of equipment like a SeeSnake wants to register it. Then this way if if gets stolen the owner can go online and mark his piece of registered equipment stolen. So now when someone honest like RealLivePlumber comes along wanting to buy a used SeeSnake he can go online enter in the serial number and if it has been flagged as stolen he would know right there and then.
      They should have a VIN number they cost as much as a good used car.
      Heck my van cost 10K
      Rod
      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
      http://unclognh.com
      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I made a suggestion awhile back that they put something like this in ProPresses and SeeSnakes.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24400

J.C.

Comment

Working...
        X