Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help!!

Hope someone can advise me what to do.

I have a seesnake mini that is almost 2 years old now. A couple months ago I noticed as I was pushing the camera through the sewer line that my picture would disapear and the screen would turn blue. The blue screen would continue to show the date/time and counter footage. on some occasions the screen would say no signal and just be a blue screen. Well this has gottin proggressivley worse, to the point it is imposible to inspect a line due to the speratic screen. I have tried a number of things to try and diagnose myself because I don't have a local service dealer.

I have cleaned and checked all connections -- problem continued
    I have plugged camera direct to monitor -- ok, (but no reel or cable attached)
    I have removed cable from drum and attached direct to monitor -- problem continued. With this done I should be able to rule out slip rings.

With the push cable plugged direct into monitor and the 200' of cable extended, I proceeded to run my hands down the cable checking for cracks and at the same time gently flexing the cable. No cracks or defects found in the cable and the problem is so intermitant that I can not pin point the problem in the cable.

The only thing I haven't been able to check is the in line transmitter. It doesn't appear that I can remove the transmitter to take it out of the system.

Sorry for such a long post -- Could really use some advise.

Re: Need some help!!

When this happens to me, it's the pigtail cable (little coiled up cable that looks like a piece of phone cord) up at the camera head right where it goes into the stainless bushing on the end of the push rod. It is possible to take the transmitter out and plug directly into the cable.

See exploded diagram here:

http://www.northstate.com/ridgid/35k_part.pdf

page 94. The pigtail I am referencing is part #9.

The problem is sometimes hard to reproduce - you have to take the head end apart, take the spring off, and just plug the pigtail into the camera. Then slowly and carefully wiggle and gently pull / push the cable as it exits the bushing watching for the video to cut out.

This has happened to me twice since 1998. Wet end reterm was necessary to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Vance G View Post
      When this happens to me, it's the pigtail cable (little coiled up cable that looks like a piece of phone cord) up at the camera head right where it goes into the stainless bushing on the end of the push rod. It is possible to take the transmitter out and plug directly into the cable.

See exploded diagram here:

http://www.northstate.com/ridgid/35k_part.pdf

page 94. The pigtail I am referencing is part #9.

The problem is sometimes hard to reproduce - you have to take the head end apart, take the spring off, and just plug the pigtail into the camera. Then slowly and carefully wiggle and gently pull / push the cable as it exits the bushing watching for the video to cut out.

This has happened to me twice since 1998. Wet end reterm was necessary to fix.
      Do you reterm your own camera? If so where do you get the parts to do it?
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        Do you reterm your own camera? If so where do you get the parts to do it?
        Nope. Not cost effective. Only costs $200 incl. labor here in Phx. - special tools needed to do it.

Northstate price on reterm kit (no tools):

15808 KIT,RETERM MINI RED CABLE $US73.50

Tool(s)? (don't know - can't get an image)

18958 FIXTURE,FIBERGLASS ROD CUTTING $US61.75
        12673 MINI CABLE TERMINATION,ASM $US410.05

There may be others.

And don't forget your time spent -

It just isn't worth it to me.

Comment

It cost $500 here in seattle after tax to do a reterm. I might actually buy the tool.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I will try taking the transmitter out of the system and plugging camera head into the pigtail. The problem is very difficult to replicate, as you said.

Comment

It could be a number of things, but if you plugged the camera head into the reel and it still came up with the blue screen i would say it is in your counter or axle hub. Otherwise it needs to be reterminated or the sonde may need to be replaced. If you want to talk to someone on the phone feel free to contact our office at 1-800-950-5023. We are an authorized seesnake repair center in Wentzville, Missouri. You can also ship us the unit it normally takes a day to do most repairs and we can ship it back to you.

Comment

Working...
              X